It's a great time to join the Leidos Defense amp; Intelligence Group.
As the Aerial Intelligence Surveillance amp; Reconnaissance Operations amp; Testing Expert, located in Huntsville, AL, you will be responsible for providing PED (Processing, Exploitation amp; Dissemination) in support of ISR (Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance) operations and collection. Familiarity preferred, on the following sensor systems: EO/IR Full Motion Video, and all related mission systems, for example: tactical radios, and data links. You will coordinate with the Government to analyze, engineer, install and implement the required communications architecture necessary for each PED site CONUS (Continental United States) and OCONUS (Outside Continental United States) and associated infrastructure. You shall maintain PED infrastructure and maintain a configuration management plan that maintains consistency of systems performance, functional and physical requirements, and, design and operational information. You will work independently under general guidelines or objectives. Possess advanced technical skills; fully knowledgeable and experienced in all aspects of a program or functional area. Applicable functional areas to include specialty engineering and support or program management.
- Provide support to the PMO (Program Management Office), Logistics, and all CONUS/OCONUS sites
- Works independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results on project deliverables
- Communicates with internal team members across multiple areas and client team members
- Work with the Engineering Team to write and implement TRRs (Test Readiness Review) and other test plans
- Engineer Change Proposal support (ECP) – assists in developing requirements and interrelationships between affected systems and sub-systems and provides hardware, software and electrical solutions. Researches current system architecture and utilizes system knowledge to mitigate hurdles throughout the ECP process. Involvement in prototype system installation, assisting with creations of test plans and test execution and documentation of findings. Will assist in design iterations based on system test performance and findings. Engineering drawing input and review for clarity, accuracy and feasibility
- Will assist in Bill of Material creation and management
- May communicate with parties external to the organization (e.g., sub-contractors, vendors, etc.)
- Work to influence team members regarding solution design, process and/or approaches
- Work alone and with subcontractors to perform aircraft updates and test plan validations
- Support patching initiatives for computer systems at various CONUS locations
- Identify opportunities for system improvement
- Electrical testing proficiency, including multimeter and Milli-Ohmmeter use
Required Job Qualifications
•Requires Bachelor’s of Science degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience. If candidate does not have a college degree the requirement is 12+ years experience (combined) from at least two of the following; DoD (Department of Defense), ISR (Intelligence/Surveillance/Reconnaissance) platform and maintaining/troubleshooting Avionics systems, Sensor systems, or Networking.
•Must have an active DoD Secret level clearance or higher
•Must be able to work with customers and subcontractors in a professional manner
•Intermediate computer skill base
-50% of travel required
- Bachelor's degree with 8+ years of related experience. Additional training and/or years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree, or a Master's degree with 6+ years experience.
* Referral Eligible
-DoD 8570 compliant
-IAT Level 2 or higher certification (Examples : Security +, CASP, CISSP)
-CE (Computing Environment) certification (Examples: Windows 7, Windows 10, Linux, Cisco)
-Active or current TS/SCI level DoD clearance
-Valid US Passport
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.