Leidos is seeking a Business Development Manager for our Defense Maritime Operations and Logistics Business Development team. This business line provides end-to-end logistics solutions for the Navy and other Defense industry customers. M O amp;LS’s areas of excellence include:
- Field Service Engineering
- Deployed Support Operations
- Deployed Training Services
- Depot and Logistics Support
- Operations Support
- Logistics Support Analysis
- Combat Systems Engineering and Integration
- Mission Planning and Operations
- Range And RADAR Operations
- Range Operations, Engineering and Technical Support Services
- Depot and Logistics Support
- Upgrades and Modernization
- OEM Support
This position reports to the Director of Business Development amp; Strategy Maritime Operations amp; Logistics OLS and supports the entire MOLS Business Development and Capture team. Our team is a hands on organization – ability to collaborate and communicate across the organization is key to success. Responsibilities include supporting various new business campaign strategies, as well as developing/supporting new business and opportunity pipeline development and capture primarily in the Navy customer segment. Responsibilities include:
- Leading the advancement of Navy customer portfolio growth via a documented strategic and tactical plan.
- Developing and executing meaningful customer engagement plans that further specific opportunities in the MOLS pipeline and designated Business Development and Capture Management assignments – the position requires regular customer engagement each week that further specific MOLS capture objectives.
- An understanding of MOLS programs and key captures across the division.
- An understanding of all aspects of opportunity capture and government customer decision making processes.
- Leading Key Captures within the MOLS line of business.
- Competency within the specific methodology and process of the corporate WinPlan.
- Measures of effectiveness of the individual in this position will include:
- Ability to identify, qualify, shape and win new business opportunities
- Ability to establish market focused growth strategies
- Growing the new business pipeline
- Capturing profitable and strategic new business
- Building strong internal and external teams
- Ability to penetrate new and adjacent markets
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 12+ years or more of professional business development and capture experience.
- Flexibility in a growing and dynamic organization.
- Successful business development experience within an industry base.
- Hands on Capture experience, including formal milestone/gate review processes; opportunity identification, qualification, business case and pricing.
- Ability to appropriately prioritize BD focus and activities.
- Diplomatic, persuasive and articulate communication skills, proactive nature/sense of urgency and willingness to work collaboratively across the MOLS team and the corporation. Must be a team player with strong communication and presentation skills.
- A natural aptitude for strategic planning, financial analysis, and teaming.
- Ability to establish rapport with internal and external customers / partners.
- Proactive, superior attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, reliability and sound judgment.
- Passion for personal accountability, achievement, learning and continual improvement.
- Ability to articulate complex issues into succinct, cohesive summaries and presentations
- Proven ability to plan and execute successful customer calls, and maintain relationships.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Experience in program management, project management.
- Prior active-duty military, USG contractor or civilian employee.
- Domestic amp; International experience.
- Ability to meet schedule and budgets skills.
- Relationships within Navy community and experience across broad set of Navy customers
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.