The Defense amp; Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Hardware Support/ Maintenance Technician - Level 2 in Wiesbaden, Germany.
Provide support as a Hardware Support/ Maintenance Technician to US Army INSCOM on the I2TS-3 program. The successful candidate will monitor and maintain wellbeing of hardware, and make recommendations to government customer for product refresh, upgrades and warranties.
- Conducts hardware maintenance and minor installations on equipment listed in the specified task order and understands the inter-operational relationships of all components to the extent required to perform maintenance services
- Undertakes minor system tasks (e.g., loading software, rebooting systems) in support of hardware maintenance
- and operations functions
- Installs and incorporates new releases, updates, or other changes to COTS hardware and software (diagnostics failures or potential failure predictions)
- Operates and applies automated hardware management and diagnostics systems (to include remote management and diagnostics) and interprets findings to maintain, repair, or upgrade hardware
- Plans, executes, and provides recommendations for preventative maintenance as approved by government
- Provides recommendations on spares, spares program, planning, and tracking operational spares and bench
- Provides technical assistance to responding field service personnel
- High School Diploma and 8 years of experience, Associates with 6 years of relevant experience, or Bachelor’s degree and four years of relevant experience, or Master's Degree with 2 Years of relevant experience
- Currently possess DoD 8140/8570.1-M IAT/IAM Baseline Certification IAT Level II - Must have one of the following: CCNA Security, CSA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP along with a Computing Environment certification for Microsoft Windows 7/10 certification.
- TS/SCI clearance
- CompTIA Server+, Network+, A+ certification, or CCENT
- Experience with Fiber optic installation
- Experience working OCONUS
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.