JOB DESCRIPTION: The Triton Program is seeking a Information Systems Technologist to provide Linux system maintenance and engineering support to maintain high priority operational systems at a high level of availability and resolve problems based on mission criticality and guidance. This position is staffed as an 8x5 position.
- Performs software application maintenance on assigned mission systems running a variety of operating systems to include, UNIX and Linux.
- Performs routine and preventative maintenance such as general computer tasks, application loads, disk utilization, system loading and system monitoring
- Detects, isolates, documents, quickly reports, and resolves system outages or problems encountered during operations of the operational system baseline, which includes collecting diagnostic data, restoring the system operation, developing workarounds, and other activities necessary for recovery of a system
- Documents problems in logging and discrepancy reporting tools
- Collects data describing the environment at the time of the failure and performs other activities in support of E2 maintenance provider DR investigation and resolution
- Performs system monitoring, analyzing and documenting performance and conducting trend analysis as required
- Supports system engineering groups as required for ongoing analysis and integration efforts
- Works with other E1 maintenance engineers across multiple locations providing enterprise-level maintenance support, with customer visibility, into all E1 maintainer actions and responses
- Provides oversight and guidance to entry/junior level system maintainers
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
External Referral Eligible
EDUCATION amp; EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.