Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Sr Network Linux Administration and Ops at Scott AFB, IL.
Our customer is the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Scott AFB, IL and acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to its customers, the department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations. This position directly supports the DISA-provided multi-user computer systems running Linux Server on a global network management system.
• Be able to work in a rapid paced environment and must be able to work independently.
• Installation of Linux Servers
• Develops technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts
• Develop infrastructure servers (Windows/Linux) needed to support the DISA Network
• Provides coaching and reviewing the work of lower level technical staff.
• Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources
• Automate processes where appropriate and apply data store best practices.
• Manage security settings and other commercial best practices such as DISA STIGS.
External Referral Eligible
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 5 years of overall related experience with Unix, Redhat Linux required. 4+ years of additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Shell scripting (e.g. bash) and experience in other languages like Perl.
- Application of security settings and other commercial best practices such as DISA STIGS.
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance and the ability to acquire a Top Secret security clearance is required for this position.
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at least IAT level II, e.g. Security+ce.