AWS Cloud Enablement Engineer supporting an Intel client in the Greater Denver Area. Experience in AWS Lambda, AWS Tagging, AWS Cloud Formation (or Hashicorp Terraform) and Jenkins is highly preferred.
$5K Bonus available to assist with relocation to Colorado.
Clearance Level: Must be a U.S. Citizen with a Top Secret/SCI clearance
Location: Westminster, CO
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting into Portfolio and Program Management, the Cloud Enablement Engineer provides technical leadership and execution ownership throughout a program or initiative focused on porting and cloud enabling software into the cloud.
- Responsible for deriving, designing and engineering solutions that have a direct impact on efficiency, cost, revenue and innovation for the company.
- gathers and manages customer requirements as part of collaboration with market facing team members
- Leads and collaborates closely with Enterprise Architectures, Domain Architects and Systems Engineers to ensure alignment of customer requirements with development and implementation plans
- Collaborates closely with functional leads (Domain architects, product owners, subject matter experts) to define work plans and dependencies, responsible for outcome verification, and optimized transition to Operations
- Keeps end-user/operator apprised of solution and progress; This role is heavily software based - and business-value focused.
- Provide documentation on the current and planned configuration of the cross-domain environment.
- Assist with system accreditations and support resolving security vulnerabilities, findings, or mitigate security concerns.
- Engineer and configure data and messaging routes between various domains with varying classification levels and ensuring security and integrity of the data.
- Working with the Operations teams to ensure the daily operations of the cross-domain environment.
- Work with the Information Assurance and IT teams to carry out all component patching, maintenance and upgrades and ensure any changes are documented and verify any changes do not introduce any new operational or vulnerability issues and to address IAVA's (Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts).
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure and CDS availability.
- Monitor and test CDS interfacing applications performance for potential volumetric bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Continually transition knowledge through training and assistance on how to use the technology using industry best practices.
- Work with technical teams to engineer customer systems and environments to be more secure by protecting system boundaries, keeping computer systems and network devices hardened against vulnerabilities and attacks and securing highly sensitive data.
- Works independently and in a team environment
RELEVANT EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Preferred BS in Computer Science or equivalent works experience
- Recent experience as a a cloud solutions-focused leader who is able to ensure a product or capability is enabled on schedule.
- Extensive technical leadership, collaboration, and clear communication, both written and verbal as the scope of deliverables includes:
- requirements derivation
- solution design
- initiative planning/readiness
- oversight of successful implementation or product roll out into the cloud
- Experience with AWS Cloud Operations - running real workloads in the cloud and diagnosing and fixing problems.
- Programming using Python and Java.
- Experience with a variety of relational and non-relational data stores.
- Experience working in a continuous delivery environment and creating RESTful microservices.
- Containerization technologies such as Cloud Foundry, Docker, or Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with standard logging, monitoring, and alerting tools, such as Splunk.
- A passion for building highly automated systems.
- A good understanding of security best practices.
- Background in GIS, manufacturing, spacecraft command and control, ground systems infrastructure, or analytics are a plus.
- Familiarity with software development practices and various methodologies (Scaled Agile Framework preferred: SAFe, and Waterfall experience is beneficial as well)/
- Experience with AWS Lambda, AWS Tagging, AWS Cloud Formation (or Hashicorp Terraform) and Jenkins.
- Background in GIS, manufacturing, spacecraft command and control, ground systems infrastructure, or analytics are a plus
- Must be highly motivated with good interpersonal skills and excellent technical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to read, write and speak English