The Leidos Civil Group is seeking an entry level Financial / Project Analyst to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC III) team.
The position will provide support to the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Fuel Storage Tank (FST) National Program Office (NPO) and the National Environmental Cleanup (ECU) Program.
Fuel Storage Tank work includes storage tank regulatory compliance and operations.
FAA projects involve propane, diesel, gasoline, and waste oil aboveground storage tank (AST) and underground storage tank (UST) systems in support of NPO initiatives.
ECU support includes the FAA’s goals and objectives of reducing FAA liability and bringing sites into environmental compliance, thereby, ensuring program success through a range of activities such as sampling, analysis, law and policy change review, report generation, financial tracking, and management system maintenance and development.
Work includes revision and updating of the Environmental Site Cleanup Report (ESCR) and using the FAA ESCR Access Tracking System (FEATS).
This is an entry level position (recent college graduates preferred) and as a financial analyst, you will be learning the FST and ECU fields.
Initially, work is of limited scope, typically on smaller, less complex projects or task-related activities
Problems are typically solved through drawing from prior experiences and/or standard procedures and basic analysis.
Work will be closely supervised. The following duties will be performed in this role:
- Work closely with your manager on tasks ensuring contract requirements (e.g., cost and schedule objectives)
- Ensure subcontractor responsibilities are tracked and accomplished along with defining goals to implement, and improve project planning techniques.
- Interface with Project Managers, Senior Technical Personnel, and other FAA and NISC III program personnel.
- Identify, define, and address problems not immediately evident and typically not complex.
- Report on Fuel Storage System (FSS) and Environmental Cleanup projects.
- Plan, track analysis, and scheduling.
- Corporate Work Plan (CWP) activities (CWP projects of various, size, complexity, and level of risk under the supervision of Project Management personnel).
- Monitor and report performance.
- Implement financial policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain cost/schedule baselines.
- Monitor Work Authorization Document (WAD) activities.
- Perform variance analyses.
- Prepare written and verbal reports to management regarding cost schedule variances.
- Perform program life-cycle activities such as setup / maintenance.
- Perform working capital activities such as invoicing support.
- Provide program financial revenue projection and variance support.
- May participate in new business proposals, providing input and cost data to management.
- BA degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years financial analysis experience.
- Recent college graduates in a financial field are preferred.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.