Leidos Engineering is seeking a dynamic person to join their family of employees as an Electrical CAD Operator in Walled Lake, Michigan.
This position incorporates a blend of technical, people and workflow management skills in an engineering environment. The candidate must be able to:
• Work with systems engineers to develop detailed electrical schematics, manufacturing layouts and installation details.
• Create scaled control panel subplate layouts based on circuit designs.
• Create scaled and dimensioned control enclosure and door layouts.
• Create detailed bills of material.
• Assist project teams in reviewing design requirements.
• Understand specific customer and industry standards, specifications, and safety guidelines.
• Independently manage workload and forecast bottlenecks.
• Manage network file directories to ensure the organized storage and archival of project drawings.
• Develop and enforce standard drawing management practices.
The ideal candidate for this position should:
• Have an Associate's degree and 0-2 years of experience with AutoCAD, preferably version 2010 or later.
• Be proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Have the ability to work independently or in a group as required.
• Experience with the design of HVAC, process control and automation systems is a plus.
• A working knowledge of electrical codes, specific customer and industry standards, specifications, and safety guidelines is a plus.
• Design experience that includes Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), the associated networking and instrumentation is a plus.
• Experience with the design and drafting of mechanical system including P amp;IDs is a plus.
Leidos Engineering, LLC has a long legacy of providing engineering solutions grounded in applied science and technology expertise. Our engineering solutions make ‘What If’ possible for commercial and industrial, government, lenders and developers, oil and gas, and utility clients. For more information, visit www.leidos.com/engineering.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.