The Transportation Solutions group at Leidos is seeking a Program Manager of large software and hardware development and deployment programs for the FAA customer.
The Program Manager will assist in leading large, complex, strategic and high dollar value capture efforts to secure new or re-compete contracts, or task order business.
The Program Manager will also participate in the shaping and winning of new business through a balanced focus on customer engagement, customer value, the competitive environment, and the corporation's best interests.
Must thrive in an environment where they are responsible for the management of captures on multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals. Specific job duties include:
- Assisting in developing capture strategy including business solution for pursuit of opportunities; competitive assessments, teaming suppliers, and position-to-win;
- Participation in bid and proposal activities.
- Use responsibility to lead and integrate the assigned cross-functional team and to use given authority to direct team activities for the duration of the pursuit.
- Partnering with Transportations Solutions BD organization to ensure strategy and approach are in-line with business goals.
Position is located in Gaithersburg, MD with local travel to Washington, DC and surrounding areas.
There is also occasional travel to customer and supplier locations (Domestic US and Potential International travel) Qualifications:Typical education and experience
- Typically requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years or prior relevant experience.
- Generally has 7+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Program Management experience leading programs gt;$50M
- Demonstrated experience with all aspects of Earned Value Management Systems
- Business development familiarity with Government contracting
- Business acumen, strong analytical and problem solving skills, reliability, sound judgment, and vision.
- Strong leadership, along with excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Proactive, superior attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Disciplined strategic thinking, analytical presentation, and problem solving skills
- Ability to gain internal support
- Ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationship with technical staff, managers, and peers.
- Technical background or operational experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to travel on an as needed basis
- 12 or more years of Program Management experience leading programs gt;$50M
- Knowledge of FAA Acquisition Management System, prime contract flow-downs and performance based contracting.
- FAA and overall Civil industry experience
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback.
- Ability to establish a solid working relationship with technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Group and across Leidos
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.