The Defense amp; Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Logistics Supervisor located in Kabul, Afghanistan.
The responsibilities of the Logistics Supervisor will be:
· Ensure effective and timely implementation of all Logistics daily operational goals and metrics; inclusive of Shipping/Receiving, Warehouse, General Supply, ROR, Ground Fleet, Calibration and Property Management.
· Develop and initiate monthly reports having required project timelines, corporate and contract metrics and productivity measurements. Responsible for ensuring that contract metric objectives and/or department metric objectives are maintained; e.g. Demand Satisfaction, Demand Accommodation, Fleet Depth and Range, NMC-S rate, etc. Ensures all Logistics CDRLs and deliverables are accurate and completed on time.
· Conducts training, hiring input, career development, performance input and enrichment of all department employees. Supports continuous development of employees. Ensures all employees are trained and records maintained IAW with the GOP and other pertinent regulations supporting areas like HAZMAT. This also includes mentoring of the Afghan military workforce. Maintains a working relationship with the Afghan ASD Commander and the NSRW Forward (Fwd) COR.
· Supports inventory management consisting of reconciling and maintaining two Super Tech Supplies and three warehouses within Afghanistan. Ensures ASL stock levels are adequately maintained within the ASD and the FOBs have established PLL stocks properly maintained. Ensures all stock levels are returned to baseline starting point levels at the end of FFP contract unless otherwise directed.
· Monitors/oversees program HAZMAT operations; ensures proper stock levels are on hand (O/H) to support maintenance and seasonal changes. Ensures FOBs have proper stock levels O/H. Ensures stocks shelf life routinely checked and removed from active stocks as needed. Coordinates to ensure handlers are properly certified and/or trained.
· Provides MIS oversite spot checking worker input; conducting monthly MIS recons of parts issued vice requisitions opened ensuring that we maintain a sufficient balance. Ensures that all areas like ALSE, ARMS Room, PC12 and Mi17 are properly using MIS and conducting spot check inventory recons weekly. Strives to add other areas to MIS like property, calibration, etc. with an objective of adding all areas in to MIS.
· Establish and manage relations with warehouses, carriers, customs brokers, drayage providers, sales force and customers. Ensures that Leidos customs licensing is followed; e.g. ITARs items properly licensed prior to shipment; Commercial Invoices (C/I) are completed for all shipments IAW Leidos guidelines.
· Analyze log purchase orders commensurate to existing stock availability and reduce shipping cost. Reviews Material Requisitions (M/Rs) for proper justification/validation and section manager signature prior to sending to CONUS procurement.
· Oversee and monitor availability of stock to reduce shortfalls. Ensures proper stock levels to support all maintenance activities current and forecasted. Analyzes the Quality TBO trackers ensuring parts are properly forecasted and requisitioned to support maintenance given long lead and order ship time (OST).
· Recommends process change to the Program Manager (PM), Support Operations for standardization and to gain efficiencies. Supports continuous improvement and streamlined operations supporting the PWS, SOW, and other guidelines like the GOP, Army Regulations, etc.
· Conducts and/or participates in various PMO directed meetings. Provides slides for IPRs, PPRs, PMRs, maintenance/log meetings, special projects, etc. as required.
· Monitors Re-Preservation of all aircraft parts in storage; Ensures the work is distributed and parts due does not fall more than two weeks behind schedule.
· Monitors Calibration ensuring that the program remains within the 1-3% delinquency range.
· Monitors property activities ensuring proper 10% and 100% property inventories on-going; Ensures 100% sensitive items conducted monthly; Spot checks Apptricity data-base for accurate input; spot checks inventories. Works and coordinates with IT to migrate all program property into MIS NLT June 2018.
· Prepares worker schedules ensuring the workforce works between the contractually allowed 48-60 hours; Coordinates OT with the PM Support Operations as needed.
· Ensure the workforce is following prescribed safety rules. Ensures monthly safety training is conducted. Conducts accident investigations as necessary.
· Ensures that employees are abiding by all Leidos policies and reports infractions to management.
· Acts as Battle Captain for OCONUS Logistics; all communication flow from outside agencies, sections and official responses as needed flow through the B/C.
· Executes other tasks as assigned by the PM, Support Operations.
Program Specific Requirement:
As the position location is in Afghanistan, the following requirements need to be met:
Active US passport with a minimum of 12 months before expiration prior to start date.
Visa with multiple entries for 12 months prior to start date
Completion of Customer required International Readiness Certifications prior to deployment.
All candidates for this position must have prior completion of a positively adjudicated Federal Government Investigation in order to qualify for the role allowing them to receive a Common Access Card (CAC).
Failure to complete any of these actions within 60 days of accept will result in rescinding of the offer. If the candidate is unable to pass the medical screening after the start date and prior to deployment an immediate administrative termination will be requested.
External Referral Eligible