It #39;s a great time to join the Leidos Defense amp; Intelligence group.
We are searching for a highly motivated Systems Administrator who is well versed in Information Technology (IT) technical skills to provide assistance to the SS-AISR program. This position is based in Huntsville, Alabama and will be required to provide remote support to OCONUS locations in Afghanistan. The position might require minimum travel to OCONUS locations.
Position requires providing IT support and management for a Unix, Windows platforms hosting SQL / and a third party vendor asset tracking application: Fishbowl. The application supports procurement and tracking of aviation system machinery and aircraft repair parts.
Position requires continually ensuring the installed network properly protects the Mission support application architecture and provides the appropriate level of security to ensure application data is not compromised. Will require management and procurement of all IT hardware and software needed to support the contract. Should be capable of performing Systems Administration, Application Management and Network administrator responsibilities for the hosting environment.
Duties include addressing end-user access requirements. Maintaining a good working relationship with SS-AISR customer personnel, working with a diverse workforce and being able to adapt to cultural differences and time zones of end-users accessing applications from all mission locations.
- Position requires management and administration of the Mission Support application environment built on mixed mode Windows/Linux platforms.
- Oversight and management of the Data Center Environment housing the application servers is required.
- Regular coordination and understanding of job requirements of functional teams such as program procurement, Asset management and field technicians will be required to ensure effective configuration, understanding of application interfaces, data feeds and program reporting.
- Position requires ongoing collaboration with teams at Time Zones of about 9 hour difference, hence flexibility for accommodating unique program requirements is key.
- Candidate is to ensure application interfaces, data flow, data storage networks work properly.
- Make sure end-users can effectively access and stay connected to the application platform and all needed components.
- Ensure very minimum application and infrastructure downtime and effectively communicate configuration management and downtime both scheduled and unscheduled with leadership, customer and end-users.
- Capture and provide application uptime/downtime matrix to leadership for program reporting. Ensure the installed network properly protects the Mission System application and provides the appropriate level of security to prevent data from being compromised ensuring data integrity.
- Implement an effective Disaster recovery plan, updated regularly to industry standards.
- As a member of the SS-AISR Support team, position requires knowledge transfer, for contract systems sustainment and business continuity.
BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Requires a Bachelor rsquo;s degree related to Information Technology with six years of experience working with database management, software engineering, or information systems.
- Must have a minimum of 6 years of computer network design and maintenance experience.
- Must demonstrate leadership skills, Demonstrate strong presentation skills.
- Extensive understanding of Microsoft Windows and Linux Operation Systems and platforms.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to install all computer hardware/software, and must be able to work independently.
- Must have extensive knowledge of the daily management of computer networks including VLAN (Virtual Local Area Networks) setup.
- System administration and System Architecture experience
- An Active Secret level of clearance
*External Referral Eligible
bull;Army Aviation Experience - to include detailed logistics Manufacturing Execution System (MES) experience, and operational experience
bull;Project Management background and experience in software development.
bull;Extensive experience creating, delivering, and managing technical solutions to dynamic DoD customers.
bull;Data Center management or operation experience
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world rsquo;s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company rsquo;s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin #39;s Information Systems amp; Global Solutions business (IS amp;GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company rsquo;s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.