The NISC III program at Leidos is seeking a Construction/Civil Engineer to work on a part time basis (hours expected to be 25 to 30 hours weekly)
Civil / Construction Engineers create and review designs and drawings as required and necessary for alteration, modernization or expansion of FAA facilities to support and plan for the integration of National Air Space (NAS) modernization projects
Civil / Construction engineers are also called upon to prepare generic building specification and conduct appropriate civil engineering tests and studies associated with the transition, integration.
Specific duties for this position also include:
- Reviewing assessments performed by others, identifying needs, and consolidating multiple needs into groups of similar needs, so that the number of new Needs Assessment Program (NAP) entries required per site is minimized.
- Research existing Needs Assessment Program (NAP) entries and modify the scope of proposed new NAP entries to avoid duplication of existing approved NAPs / Job Control Number's (JCNs)
- Coordinate with the Systems Support Center (SSC) and District Office (DO) National Air Space (NAS) Plan Program Managers to confirm that proposed NAP entries are valid and reflect current needs.
- Coordinate with System Administrator (SA) Program Implementation Manager's (PIMs) and requirements specialists to resolve potential conflicts between proposed new NAP entries and existing NAPs/JCNs.
- Identify JCNs that need Capital Investment Plan (CIP) changes or Requirements Information Management System (RIMS) updates
- Originate new NAP entries.
- Work with the Unstaffed Infrastructure Sustainment (UIS) program office to enhance the capabilities of the database as directed.
- Provide support to the program office on other UIS asset related tasks
- Coordinate with the UIS program office to maintain and update database record as necessary.
Employee has the ability to work remotely from any location in the United States.Qualifications:Typical education and experience
- Typically requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Engineering experience with structural design, construction techniques, scheduling, hazardous materials handling and building codes knowledge.