Leidos is seeking a HIPAA Investigator to join our Seattle, WA team. The Mid-Level Investigator follows established guidelines to investigate complaints alleging violations of the Privacy, Security, and Breach Notification Rules of the HIPAA. This includes performing legal research, gathering, preparing, and summarizing relevant materials for use by attorneys and other legal counsel, as well as maintaining case files and responding to citizen correspondence and telephone calls.
Main Duties include:
• Investigates complaints and conducts compliance reviews of advanced complexity and independently analyzes alleged HIPAA compliance violations of health information privacy and security.
• Analyzes information provided and allegations raised by complainants concerning HIPAA; develops and drafts investigative plans, data requests, and witness interview questions; analyzes data submitted by covered entities; and drafts administrative and corrective action closure letters, voluntary compliance agreements, violation letters of finding, settlement agreements, and monitoring plans.
• Provides technical assistance to covered entities to facilitate the resolution of complaints and compliance reviews.
• Conducts administrative work associated with the disposition of health information privacy and security complaints.
• Assists in the implementation of outreach efforts and initiatives to ensure that individuals’ health information privacy is protected.
- Experience reviewing and analyzing documents
- Prior experience conducting investigations and resolving difficult and complex matters
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to develop partnerships with external and internal stakeholders to advance the agency’s mission
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills (i.e. Expertise in legal research, including use of LexisNexis and Westlaw, or equivalent, writing, and analytics)
- Knowledge of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Act of 1996 and ability to use this knowledge in performing tasking;
- J.D. or master’s degree (preferably in health or related field)
- Experience in public speaking
- Strong interest in civil rights
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.