Leidos Veterans Health Group is seeking a Quality and Training Manager to support two software sustainment efforts for a Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) contract.
This position requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance which requires US Citizenship or US Person (Green Card).
This position will be responsible for achieving quality assurance operational objectives by analyzing project information and developing strategic plans and objectives to meet project SLAs; preparing and completing action plans; overseeing quality and customer-service standards; identifying and resolving quality problems; establishing auditing programs and reviews; assisting in recommendation of system improvements to positively impact change that is consistent across multiple subcontractors. The ideal candidate must be a motivated, self-starter who performs well under general direction. He/she should be a team leader with a commitment to quality and a drive to be a problem-solver.
- Preparing quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, training, corrective actions, and re-validations.
- Devising and establishing the projects quality procedures, standards and specifications.
- Reviewing customer quality requirements and making sure they are met across multiple subcontractors.
- Making quality and training suggestions for changes and improvements and how to implement them amongst subcontractors.
- Analyzing, establishing, managing and continually improving relevant metrics and aspects to track and evaluate key processes in the various areas of the project. Maintaining and tracking data in support of established metrics.
- Reviewing and managing Improvement Plans related to quality and ensuring corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner and within specs of the program.
- Interfacing with customers and subcontractors to resolve quality problems.
- Developing training plans, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and other quality and training documentation for the project.
- Working independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on quality results or project deliverables.
- Communicating with internal, customer, and subcontractor project team members. Working to influence team members regarding resolution of quality issues, developing comprehensive training plans and/or approaches.
- Managing the relationship with the customer and third party auditing vendor to track and resolve issues and refute issues called in error.
- Proven work experience as a training manager.
- Track record in designing and executing successful training programs that impact quality.
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods (mentoring, coaching, on-the-job or in classroom training, e-learning, etc)
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
- Strong writing and record keeping ability for reports and training manuals
- Good computer and analytical skills
- Ability to design, write, revise and implement and train quality control programs
- Ability to work across multiple functional teams including but not limited to; development and test, operations, subcontractors and customer.
- Ability to create and/or review metrics utilizing various reporting tools such as Tableau, Microsoft Office, Pivot tables, graphs, etc.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, and the ability to show initiative, good judgement, and resourcefulness
- Commitment to providing a high-level of customer service
- Ability to accept and perform related duties and responsibilities as required, and the ability to work in a collaborative environment in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Ability to adjust to changes in schedule, tasking, and processes
- Strong communication skills in order to interact with the customer, management, internal team, and stakeholders
- Experience working with the VA in a Government or contracting environment
EDUCATION amp; EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.Leidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.