The NISC III program at Leidos has an opening for a National Airspace System (NAS) Planning amp; Integration specialist coordinator to assist the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) customer in the Ft. Worth, TX location.
Employee will perform the following duties in support of this position:
- Prepare interagency correspondence/Memorandum of Agreements (MOA).
- Prepare written replies for sensitive issues between the FAA and local governments officials, aviation system users and others regarding NAS transition programs.
- Plan multiple Facility and Equipment (F amp;E) and Operational (OPS) projects, coordinating regularly with the Programs and Requirements teams.
- Review Needs Assessment Program (NAP) and Corporate Work Plan (CWP) to ensure planned activities are supported.
- Develop reimbursable agreements when sponsor's activities require Air Traffic Organation (ATO) support.
- Provide weekly updates to Reimbursable Status Reports (RSR) and participate in weekly status briefing to management.
- Support sustainment of all NAS facilities, staffed and un-staffed.
- Support prioritization of NAS needs.
- Conduct research, evaluations, and studies required to develop proper requirements statements.
- Coordinate NAS requirements and installations.
- Compile staff studies, business case studies and documents in support of the NAS needs validation process.
- Bachelors’ Degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education with 6 years’ experience.
- Minimum 6 years National Airspace System Technical Operations experience required. (FAA preferred)
- Working knowledge or experience with the following FAA Air Traffic Control programs: Corporate Work Plan, Needs Assessment Program.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong collaboration/interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Programs.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.