The Leidos Health Products amp; Service Group has an opening for a Security Architect with experience in the commercial healthcare or related industry to support the design, integration, testing and delivery of the Leidos healthcare enterprise platform.
This position will preferably be based out of our office in Reston, VA or Columbia, MD
Security Architect will apply security best practices, HIPAA guidelines, FISMA, hacking principals towards providing a HIPAA compliant high security platform to our clients. They will work closely with the customers, systems engineering and development teams to design, identify issues and corrections for current and future platforms.
- Assist in designing new applications and services to our clients that are protected from cyber threats. Maintain knowledge on latest security related topics and technologies to include breaches, viruses, and malware
- Design and deploy state-of-the-art technology to meet the customer’s and business’s needs
- Interface to the project management teams regarding technical planning and network issues,
- Identify any issues and quickly mitigate damages on the systems under cyber attack,
- Develop and deploy solutions that will consistently monitor networks, applications and system hardware,
- Coordinate with customers on practices, regulations, and compliance
- Develop white papers for designs specific to the customer’s and business’s security,
- Perform penetration testing and security scanning on new and existing platforms,
- Keep up-to-date on the latest security standards,
- Install and maintain security certificates,
Anticipated travel for this role is 10%, dependent upon candidate’s proximity to customer location.Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in Systems Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology with 4-8 years of experience
- Master’s degree or relevant experience in Systems Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology with 2-6 years of experience
- Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge and experience with architecture and complex system engineering documentation
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence)
- Experience with cloud computing environments
- Experience with Health field related enterprise applications
- Experience with using modern mockup user experience design tools
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.