Description:Join a fast growing, solutions driven, dynamic organization and take your experience to the next level!
Leidos has an immediate opportunity for a Systems Engineer
to provide engineering support to the Airspace Mission Planning Division, Hanscom AFB, MA. The system engineering team includes engaged subject matter experts
providing leadership to identify and propose solutions to the clients, peer system engineers, and end users. This position will elevate skills and experiences
to support our full-scope mission planning efforts. OJT is combined with annual educational opportunities
to continue the development of the system engineer. We are seeking a self-starter that likes taking on challenges and being a leader with engineering solutions; a person that collaborates well in teams and likes to work toward consensus within each team. Job Summary:
This position supports various software engineering amp; architecture activities consistent with the development, modernization, releasability and sustainment of the Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS) on behalf of numerous operational customers and conducted within an Agile environment. JMPS is used today by the Air Force and Navy to plan aviation missions, including training, attack, air drop, reconnaissance and logistics missions. JMPS replaces legacy Windows-based and UNIX-based mission planning systems, yet still relies on some legacy data formats and transfer mechanisms. As part of the SEIC Enterprise Architecture amp; Systems Engineering Integrated Product Team (IPT), the Software Engineer/Architect will work closely with the SEIC engineering leads and the customer, to perform the following activities:
- Support Architecture planning and modernization activities, including contributing to the JMPS Engineering Roadmap
- Develop Software amp; System Architecture Views, using various architecture modeling tools
- Lead and develop various software architecture products, including Software Architecture Description documents
- Analyze conflicting requirements and formulate architectural solutions to balance diverse customer and user needs
- Analyze requirements and standards, and develop technical standards profiles as guidance to development organizations
- Manage Software interfaces between architectural components, oversee development of Interface Requirements Specifications (IRSs), Interface Design Documents (IDDs), oversee interface evolution, and chair the Component Interface Control Working Group (CICWG)
- Support technical assessments, trade-studies, white-papers, and other technical analysis activities
- Provide key inputs into technology evaluation and technology insertion planning activities
- Communicate the JMPS Software Architecture to the Mission Planning Enterprise Contractors (MPECs) and other JMPS stakeholders
- Participate in product development cycles to include requirements and design reviews conducted by subsystem developers and review their contract deliverables
Education amp; Experience:
- Must have an active DoD secret security clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related technical discipline.
- Thorough knowledge of software architecture with 8-12 years’ experience, including documenting software architecture views with Enterprise Architect, System Architect, or similar
- Experience with software architecture tools and techniques, including the Unified Modeling Language (UML) and tools such as Enterprise Architect, Rational Rose, or similar
- Ability to work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of the client's data requires innovation, creativity and an evaluation of various factors
- Ability to assist in evaluation of software specifications, interface specifications, and technical standards to meet business requirements and hardware/software compatibility
- Current knowledge of technical changes, advancements, software technologies, and improvements in systems design, with ability to make appropriate recommendations to the chief architect
- Understanding of the Web Technology Stack
- Ability to use professional concepts in developing designs and solutions to solve critical system engineering problems and broad design issues
- A working knowledge of the Microsoft Office tools suite
- Advanced technical degree or software development/process certifications.
- Experience using Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 or later and Java development tools such as NetBeans, Eclipse, IntelliJ or similar
- Experience with SOA Oriented Enterprise Development using cross platform standards-based protocols such as SOAP, REST, JSON and XML
- Experience with writing secure code and secure applications including securing REST and SOAP end-points for authentication and authorization; experience with Code Quality Tools
- Experience with prototyping, Object Oriented concepts and Functional Programming.
- Experience designing/working with parallelization of operations and asynchronous programming
- Experience with Application Profiling tools to monitor application performance/isolate problems
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Delivery tools (Jenkins, TFS, Maven or Nuget)
- Familiarity with the DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF), DoD Net-Centric policies and mandates, Data Architecture/Data Engineering principles, and Data Modeling
- Understanding of Formal Software Engineering Processes (SEI Capability Maturity Model (CMM) Level 3 or higher
External Referral EligibleLeidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.