Leidos's Military amp; Veterans Health Solutions Group anticipates several openings for Sports Dietitians at various locations to support the Protection of the Force and Family (POTFF) Contract.
The Sports Dietitian provides guidance and counseling on nutritional practices to enhance recovery and optimize performance. The Sports Dietitian performs administrative and clinical duties within their scope of practice. The position is under the administrative supervision of the HPP manager.
The Sports Dietitian shall perform the following responsibilities:<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
· Provides nutritional planning and counseling that is guided by evidence-based peer-reviewed literature.
· Advises the chain of command on issues pertinent to SOF personnel’s nutrition.
· Provides individual or group counseling for guidance on nutrition and healthy lifestyle habits.
· Designs and implements nutritional programs for SOF personnel in garrison, TAD/TDY and deployed.
· Develops nutritional protocols and guidelines to enhance SOF personnel’s rehabilitation and performance.
Collaborates with the HPP Manager and SMO for implementation of new protocols and guidelines.
· Assists other regional SOF assets with nutritional consultation and support as requested by the HPP
Manager and approved by the chain of command.
· Participates in meetings with other HPP staff members as requested.
· Ensures that adequate educational materials and sports nutrition specific supplies are available. Assists with
supply inventories. Provides input on supply needs.
· Ensures that equipment and facilities under the purview of the Sports Nutritionist are in safe working
condition and are properly utilized.
· Ensures that records are updated as required. Assists in data collection as requested by the HPP Manager.
· Participates in periodic in-service training for members of the HPP Staff. Attends required training in
accordance with guiding instructions. Commands will allow for attendance at the necessary conferences or
courses to complete continuing education units required to maintain professional certifications.
· Performs administrative duties, which may include maintaining records of workload, participating in
education programs, and participating in clinical staff quality assurance functions.
· Participates in peer (record) reviews as directed.
Master’s level degree in Nutrition Science or related field and hold certification from the American Dietetic Association (ADA) as a Registered Dietitian (RD) and a specialty certification as a Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics (CSSD). CSSD certification may be waived if all other qualifications are met;<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
however, the contractor shall earn the CSSD within six months of employment if waived.
Minimum of five years of experience in sports nutrition and a history of working with elite athletes is highly desired. Certification as a Certified Strength and conditioning Specialist (CSCS) is desired, but not required. Holds a current and valid state certification/licensure. Capable of meeting physical demands of training with SOF including the ability to hike over rough terrain and function in austere environments to observe SOF training evolutions and the ability to assist with strength and conditioning testing and training protocols. Must be able to lift and manipulate loads and plates up to 25 kilograms.May be required to receive and maintain clinical practice privileges.
US Citizenship is required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret government security clearance.