The Special Projects Division of Leidos has a career opening in Bridgewater, VA for a Systems Engineer.
JOB SUMMARY:The job of the Systems Engineer is to support multiple airborne programs, this position supports the Systems Engineering Manager and multiple program managers. They will apply systems engineering principles to plan, design, build, integrate, test, certify, and operationally sustain manned aircraft.
- As part of an engineering team, execute midsize engineering projects with aggressive timelines while interfacing with Government and industry customers and airworthiness authorities to understand requirements and develop innovative solutions.
- Reviews and prepares engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation.
- Works closely with project managers to capture and derive program requirements, track and reports task statuses, and ensure tasks are executed efficiently and on schedule.
- Work closely with the engineering team to plan, execute, document, and deliver airworthiness and requirements documentation for the design, production, and testing of aircraft systems.
- Work closely with the configuration management team to development and maintain aircraft configuration documentation.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from an accredited institution and minimum of 2 years of related systems engineering. Additional year experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
- Candidate must be able to travel throughout the U.S. to support program events and have the ability to obtain a passport or visa to travel internationally.
- Diverse engineering experience with hardware integration programs, as well as experience working in an Agile engineering environment
- Comfortable in the presentation program status briefs to customers and senior decision makers.
- Leadership, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office software products.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Security+ Certification
- Knowledge and experience in the development of ISR aircraft.
- Current Security+ Certification
- Knowledge and experience AR 70-62 or other Military or Civil airworthiness certifications processes.
- Technical Master’s Degree.
- INCOSE ASEP/CSEP or DODAF certified.
TA_4External Referral EligibleLeidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.