Leidos has a current job opportunity for a Senior Systems Administrator Global Command and Command System – Joint (GCCS-J). This position is located in Kuwait.
Participate as a member of integrated government/contractor team of technical and functional experts in the conduct of Global Command and Command System – Joint (GCCS-J) administration; software application support, configuration management support, and IT support services supporting U.S. Army Central (USARCENT) GCCS architecture.
• Provide onsite support for systems/services operated and maintained by the Server Maintenance Team and the Global Command and Control System (GCCS) Technical Support Team.
• Prepare, update, and maintain accreditation packages for new or existing systems and equipment. Maintain and publish current network information to include trend analysis of common problems and system performance, average device and service uptime, service outage durations and frequencies, and trouble ticket status updates.
• Monitor servers, applications, and services to facilitate early detection of incidents, impending outages or degradations.
• The team member shall be responsible for ensuring system availability and reliability of the Global Command and Control System - Joint (GCCS-J) and related GCCS Family of Systems (FoS) on U.S. and Coalition networks.
• Responsible for maintenance, troubleshooting, installation, configuration, and the implementation of existing and future versions of the GCCS FoS.
• Coordinate with local and remote users, workgroup managers, and communications focal point personnel to resolve computer software and hardware problems.
• Conduct planning activities to include upgrades, enhancements, and replacements of software and hardware.
• Perform any necessary actions required to respond to GCCS FoS problem reports. • •Perform system, security, and operational testing/evaluation events in coordination with other stakeholders (DISA, Joint Staff, CENTCOM, etc.) to determine suitability to field for future releases.
• Attending GCCS-related Technical Exchange Meetings (TEMs) and other conferences or meetings.
• Active Secret Clearance.
• Technical working knowledge of Basic UNIX, Web Logic, Solaris 8 and 10, LINUX, Red Hat, VMware, and Windows Operating Systems/Servers and supported systems IAVAs. Experience operating and maintaining systems in virtualized environments. Understand Active Directory.
• Comprehensive knowledge of basic computer hardware and software fundamentals. Have a good understanding of basic hardware configurations and troubleshooting techniques. Must show experience with DHCP and DNS concepts for troubleshooting purposes, and understand basic networking concepts.
• Experience installing, configuring and administering GCCS-A/J servers and clients and the family of associated applications. Must have demonstrated experience with systems including: CPOF, Agile Client, C2PC, I3, ICSF, JOPES, TBMD, JADOCS, JTT, C2BMC, IPL, and/or JOPES. Ability to integrate these systems and their applications with one another, as well as other Army Battle Field Command Systems (ABCS) and joint platform systems.
• Experience accessing and evaluating information technology systems and making recommendations to management about incorporating systems into the enterprise architecture. Critical thinking – ability to visualize and articulate end-to-end systems solutions. Must be capable of performing complex tasks related to military operations at the Combatant Command staff level.
• Candidate must have or be able to obtain within the first 6 months the following certifications: CompTIA Security+, and Linux+ or other OS certification.
• BS degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience (4 years of relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of degree).
External Referral Eligible