The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Maintenance Manager to work in Bridgewater, VA location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your logistics experience supporting multiple Leidos contracts.
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for ensuring that new and existing equipment (GFP) and goods run to their maximum efficiency and output. This includes:
- Total preventative maintenance and managing inoperable equipment.
- people management and budgetary/cost reporting.
- Lead the site Maintenance function in providing both a reactive and proactive, multi-skilled maintenance service on all operational equipment.
- Responsible for planned scheduling creation and overseeing the adherence and timely completion of work carried out.
- Increase overall effectiveness, mean time between failure and downtime reduction, and manage and implement improvement plans.
Key Responsibilities:Strategy and Development
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice maintenance vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on Maintenance activities
- General and Task Management
- Develop a Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule, ensure full preventative maintenance is carried out, plan in missed maintenance activities, and lead the team to deliver effectively in carrying out required actions
- Review owner manuals and/or government tech manuals for maintenance/calibration requirements as new assets received
- Upload to SharePoint
- Prepare schedule/attach to Sprocket record
- Schedule and Track RMA’s
- Follow-up on status of assets sent out for repairs
- Maintain maintenance logs
- Available upon request for audit, reports, etc.
- Submit requests for replacements of unserviceable assets
- Prepare disposition requests for unserviceable assets
- Track repair trends data, MTBF, MTBR, etc..
- Ensure routine calibration and maintenance requirements are undertaken
- Develop clear accountability for maintenance material spend combined with a strategy to manage expenditure
- Manage systems and equipment data storage and maintain high levels of standards and accuracy
- Attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions
- Produce written reports and make presentations
- Undertake continuous training and development
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
- Provide technical expertise to the team
- Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact
- Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks in the department
- Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required
- Monitor the completion of tasks and ensure good performance and record on appropriate systems
- Review, implement and update Company records e.g. training matrices, performance reviews, risk assessments
- Financial and Budget Control
- Input and hold responsibility for maintenance budgets
- Prepare the annual Maintenance budget.
- Must exhibit excellent leadership and management skills, excellent interpersonal skills, excellent written, verbal and presentation skills, and excellent organizational and follow-up skills.
- Must be competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
- BS in Business Administration or equivalent 6 years of related experience. Additional years experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Must have knowledge of and experience in Inventory Control and Supply Chain Management best practices.
- Must have a general working knowledge of Sprocket Property Management System.
- Must have knowledge of or experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Contracts Documents Management System for Purchase Order requirements;
- FAR/DFARS regulations to include handling of Government Furnished Equipment and Property;
- and/or Item Unique Identification (IUID) or other tagging systems.
- Must have strong experience with Microsoft Office Suites.
- Prior US military Property Book experience is highly desired.
- Must possess working knowledge of Configuration Management as it relates to deliverable property.
- Ability to work as a team member in a fast-paced environment is required.
- Active Secret Clearance is required.
External Referral EligibleTA_4Leidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.