Leidos is seeking a Joint IO Senior Scientist to work at Lackland AFB in San Antonio, TX. Candidates must already possess a current TS/SCI in order to be considered.
The Joint Information Operations Warfare Center (JIOWC) assists the Joint Staff in improving Department of Defense ability to meet combatant command (CCMD) information-related requirements, improve development of information-related capabilities, and ensure operational integration and coherence across CCMD and other activities. The JIOWC provides strategic and trans-regional/operational intelligence expertise supporting the JIOWC mission areas of IO assessment, planning and execution, advocacy, and force development.
- Provide and review psychological perspectives, human influence support folders, or other human factors products or other in-depth papers as determined.
- Assess social science methodology and recommend new approaches for human influence support folders. Adapt methodologies of the respective team member disciplines and incorporate their expertise into human influence involving individuals, groups, and their operational environments.
- Produce IE studies on target countries on target of interest to include; its population, history, social, religious, and cultural influences; economy; political and government institutions and parties; military capabilities (to include the physical, information, cognitive dimensions and cyber domain); and relations with the United States. Provide in depth analysis of the country's major influential groups and key actors, and any psychological or social conditions that make up the environment that impact planning efforts.
- Produce Target Audience Case Studies (TACS) and Special Influence Reports that provide a background overview and analysis of a specific target(s) or group(s). The studies and reports will illustrate the significance of the Target Audience (TA), provides analysis of the TA's structure and a regional and population summary, to include infrastructure factors, ethno-social-political breakdown, and cultural influences. TACS include: key leader profiles and summaries of sub-commanders or sub-leaders; influence analysis detailing influence vulnerabilities and susceptibilities of the TA to include general influence recommendations; and if relevant, the TA's "Military Capability" assessment which includes a threat analysis of what the TA can do against host country and United States operations.
- TS/SCI security clearance on day 1.
- 15 years of Senior Scientist experience, with the ability to conduct social science analysis and human influence analysis with emphasis in Information Operations. Must have in-depth knowledge in psychology, social psychology, behavioral science, and/or cultural anthropology; a doctorate (preferred) or master’s degree with applied human influence experience is required. Expertise and understanding of Human Influence, including Military Information Support Operations (MISO).
- Must have demonstrated knowledge, understanding, and expertise in standard intelligence search tools, analytic tools, and dissemination tools. Personnel must be able to demonstrate various analytical methodologies to support analysis.
- 8 years of experience, demonstrated knowledge, understanding, and expertise in at least two (2) of the following standard intelligence automation applications (TAC, CRATE, COLISEUM, INTELINK, I-SPACE, CIA Wire, Open Source Center, PALANTIR).
- 10 years of experience with Joint Operation Planning and Execution System (JOPES)/Joint Operation Planning Process (JOPP), Adaptive Planning and Execution (APEX), Joint and Service operational and intelligence structures, the elements of the intelligence community (IC), and intelligence equipment capabilities and as necessary service manpower systems.
- 10 years of experience of the targeting cycle, Military Intelligence Database (MIDB), Computer Network Operations Database (CNODB), target audience analysis, and entity characteristics (ref: JP 3-60 and CJCSM 3370.01)
- 10 years of professional experience with the Information Operations Community, IC, Department of Defense, and the Army, Navy, Marine Corps and Air Force. Experience or familiarity includes how each views, supports, or conducts information environment analysis and integrates intelligence in support of information operations.
- 10 years of in-depth technical writing and editorial support in intelligence production. Strong background in product visualization options is a plus.
- MA/MS or doctorate is preferred.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.