The Special Projects Division of Leidos has a career opening for a Mechanical Engineer - Production Lead located in Bridgewater, VA.
JOB SUMMARY: The job of the Mechanical Engineer is to act as a lead manufacturing liaison for aircraft modifications. The candidate will report directly to the SPD Production Engineering Manager.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support engineering tasks for lead manufacturing liaison, which includes, but are not limited to the following:
- Mechanical design, drafting, and review
- Hardware manufacturing, outsourcing and, procurement
- Design review for manufacturability
- Quality assurance and quality control
- Development of procedures and work instructions
- Configuration management
- Project scheduling and tasking
- Program management support
- Data collection and analysis
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, utilizing sound project management principles to prioritize work to meet performance, schedule, and quality objective
- US citizenship is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Aerospace or, Industrial Engineering and 4 - 8 years of experience (may include coursework). Additional years’ experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
- Experience using parametric 3D CAD software preferably SolidWorks
- Strong manufacturing process knowledge
- Strong composite manufacturing knowledge
- Experience designing structural components, machinery, and sheet metal products.
- Experience with low-volume/custom design and manufacturing.
- Experience with production planning, creating Bills of Material and, reviewing manufacturing discrepancies.
- Excellent communications skills to interface with customers and peers
- Strong multitasking and time management skills
- ISO9001, AS9100, Six Sigma or, similar quality management system experience.
- Ability to address manufacturing issues from internal and external sources
- Eligible to obtain minimum of Secret clearance
- Manufacturing project management experience
- Knowledgeable on aircraft structures
- Working knowledge of FAA rules and regulations
- Experience with design and manufacturing for Department of Defense customers.
- Active Secret clearance
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.