A systems analyst uses computers and related systems to design new IT solutions, modify, enhance or adapt existing systems and integrate new features or improvements, all with the aim of improving business efficiency and productivity.
• examine existing IT systems and business models;
• analyses systems requirements;
• undertake product development;
• Implement, configure and test feasible solutions.
The systems analysts specify and shape the system requirements and operations, the user interface and present the proposal to the stakeholders. They work closely with the client team, including managers and software developers, during both the report and implementation phase.
The Systems Analyst position requires strong business skills and is responsible for reviewing, analyzing, testing, and functionally debugging application systems. The candidate will consult with users to identify current operating procedures and to clarify program requirements and objectives.
The position requires experience in software development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies. The candidate must have a working knowledge of relational databases, as well as web and enterprise application concepts and must be able to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish design goals.
The Systems Analyst is responsible for collecting factual data, understanding the processes involved, identifying problems, and recommending feasible suggestions for improving the system. This position involves studying the business processes, gathering operational data, understanding the information flow, identifying bottlenecks, and designing solutions for the system, so as to achieve the project goals.
• Provides design expertise and recommendations in assessing new software processes and initiatives to support and enhance our existing Microsoft-based systems.
• Learns and understands the system functionally and possesses a technical understanding of the design.
• Assists in the creation of the system design and functional specifications for all new development processes.
• Identifies system changes that will yield improved efficiencies of business processes
• Investigates and resolves application functionality-related issues and provides first-level support and troubleshooting of our DPAS modules.
• Troubleshoots issues and identifies modifications needed in existing application processes to meet changing user requirements.
• Analyzes system data and identify data integrity issues with existing and proposed systems and solutions.
• Provides assistance and training to business users in the effective use of the applications and information technology.
• Writes technical procedures and documentation for the application including operations, user guide, etc.
• Produces technical documentation for new and existing application components.
• Participates in meetings with the development team to discuss progress and issues to be resolved, and reports progress on a daily basis.
• Serves as a liaison and facilitator between all business stakeholders and the development team.
Qualifications:<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
• Should have a minimum of 4-7+ years of technology experience, with at least 5 years of hands-on technical roles in the field. B.S. degree but 4 years of experience can be substituted in lieu of degree.
• Extensive knowledge of SDLC concepts, including enterprise software applications.
• Good background in database design in Microsoft SQL Server.
• Experience in web application design.
• Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Microsoft Visio, Word, and Excel.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Self-motivated, with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
• Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
The candidate is expected to interface with the system sponsor(s), its user(s), and other stakeholders for the purpose of identifying and documenting high-level functional business process requirements in support of DoD Base Logistics. The candidate is part of the software development group that is responsible for providing logistics systems to the military services and defense agencies of the Department of Defense (DoD).
Knowledge of one or more of the following is a plus but is not required:
• DoD Logistics
• Warehousing systems
• Asset Management and Accountability systems
• Fleet Management
External Referral Eligible