The Applied and Developmental Research Directorate (ADRD) provides clinical and biological monitoring, regulatory support, biospecimen processing and storage, assay development, and project management support to the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease(NIAID) clinical programs including the Division of Cancer Treatment and Diagnosis (DCTD). DCTD facilitates pathways for unique molecules, diagnostic tests, and therapeutic interventions to clinical applications, including distinct molecular signatures for cancer, refined molecular assays, and state-of-the-art imaging techniques.
The Documentation Specialist I/QC Support will work as part of a cross-functional team functioning as a central support member for all computer software, hardware, and database [e.g., Microsoft Excel, Study Log, File Maker Pro] efforts in the animal facilities.
- Data entry in Microsoft Excel and Study Log to support animal study set-up
- QC data entry of animal facility staff
- Coordinate format and printing of all labels for automatic tube writers to minimize labeling issues
- Become familiar with mechanical operations of an automated tube writer and provide technical support
- Provide technical and QC support for sample transfer from animal facilities to processing/repository facilities
- Perform freezer inventories
- Perform disposable caging inventories
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Possession of a high-school diploma or equivalent; Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency
- In addition to educational requirements, a minimum of three (3) years of related experience providing support in a biomedical research or laboratory animal research facility
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- College entry level math skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience in quality assurance or control for technical documents, or similar
- Knowledge of File Maker Pro, Study Log, Freezerworks, or similar
- Strong multitasking, organizational, logic, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently, but also coordinate work efforts with team members
- Ability to perform data entry, data retrieval, and data QA/QC across multiple platforms
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Acrobat
- Ability to learn new software applications quickly
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.