The NISC III Power Services Group at Leidos needs an Electrical / Power Engineer (with a BS or higher in Electrical Engineering) to support the FAA's Power Services UPS program.
The employee will oversee a portfolio of uninterruptible power supply (UPS) projects. The oversight of this portfolio will include, however not be limited to:
- Reviewing Corporate Work Plan Origination entries to ensure that they will address the actual need of the external customer.
- Review project design drawings packages, ensuring equipment implementation falls within the scope of the project.
- Coordinate the execution of assigned UPS implementation contracts and work associated with those contracts.
- Create project budgets (5 year forecast) that will be used in the creation of a master budget.
- Assist in the development of assigned spend plans based on an evaluation of the FAA s methodology and approved funding.
- Use the FAA's UPS Life Cycle Replacement guidelines, identify UPS replacement needs, and create requirements in the Corporate Work Plan origination tool.
- Update scheduling tools, Excel Project Schedule and Primavera database, with project status, timelines and details.
- Generate and track funding requests for the purchase and installation of equipment at FAA sites.
- Maintain all documentation for Audit purposes.
- Review budgets and spend plans
- Help communicate status of projects to customers of all levels
- Perform technical and quality reviews
- Work with government protocols and requirements
Qualifications:Typical education and experience:
- Maintain documentation in multiple sources
- Bachelors degree with 4 to 8 years of professional experience (at least 6+ years highly desired) or 2 to 6 years of professional experience (at least 4+ years highly desired) along with a related Masters degree or equivalent experience/education.
- BS degree (or higher) in Electrical Engineering.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and proven project management experience.
- A basic knowledge of Large UPS (50 to 150 KVA) used in large backup power systems and associated ancillary equipment.
- FAA knowledge and experience.
- Experience working on master schedules
- Experience with reviewing budgets and spend plans
- Experience performing technical and quality reviews.
- Experience working with government protocols and requirements
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.