The Advanced Biomedical Computing Sciences (ABCS), part of the Biomedical Informatics and Data Science (BIDS), provides scientific computing, modeling, imaging, and bioinformatics support, engages in scientific consultation and collaboration, and offers training to NCI and NIH scientists and staff.
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Leidos Biomedical Research that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Leidos Biomedical Research.
Designs and develops software applications. Performs documentation, coding, debugging, testing and troubleshooting throughout the application development lifecycle process.
Sr. Java Web Developer will:
- Work independently and with management to define requirements, tasks and timelines
- Develop and maintain program code in adherence with established coding standards
- Develop and enhance UI designs and architectures
- Performs unit testing
- Create and manage technical documentation
- Report project status regularly to management
- Manage and maintain code repository
- Monitor application day-to-day performance and perform program tuning as needed
- Candidates selected for interview will be requested to provide samples of code snippets for evaluation
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math or Biomedical Science related field from an accredited college or university according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). (Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education). Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency.
- In addition to educational requirements, a minimum of four (4) years of progressively responsible relevant experience
- Self-starter, motivated toward success
- Working knowledge of SQL.
- Ability to identify and resolve cross browser and cross platform compatibility/connectivity issues.
- Experience in Java programming, including but not limited to work with core data I/O functionality, SQL database and SQL programming, Struts/Spring web frameworks, Remote Method Invocation (RMI) and Tomcat related functionality
- Experience developing API’s using REST
- Solid Understanding of object-oriented programming, the model/view/controller (MVC) pattern of programming, and application programming in a shared-access, subversion/GIT concurrent-use environment.
- Experience with open-source libraries such as jQuery and Bootstrap
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Knowledge of Section 508 accessibility and compliance requirements
- Experience with reverse engineering and analysis of software
- Experience developing Specifications/Wireframes
- Project Management
- Experience with Labmatrix research information management system
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.