Leidos is seeking an Embedded Systems Software Engineer to work in Washington, DC. The Software Engineer candidate will design and develop robotics and embedded systems software for space-based programs being developed at the Naval Research Laboratory located in Washington, D.C. The candidate will apply advanced embedded systems engineering and robotics expertise to a set of complex problems. Activities may include requirements analysis, interface definition and implementation, test support, creating engineering artifacts, attending high-visibility customer engagement meetings, etc.
External Referral Eligible
Position requires a Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of experience or a Master's Degree with less than 2 years of experience. Additional experience can be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Design, develop, implement, and test embedded software in support of various spacecraft payloads being developed, including GNC and robotic systems
- Support all phases of the software development life cycle including: requirements analysis; design; implementation; test; and on-orbit operations
- Define and implement the software/hardware interfaces, bus-to-payload interfaces, and space-to-ground interfaces.
- Implement embedded software using C/C++
- Support all levels of flight software testing including Unit Testing, Integration amp; Testing, and Flight Software Qualification Testing.
- Support mission operations planning, ground control and on-orbit operations
- Work in a small-team environment that includes a variety of engineering disciplines (e.g., Systems, Electrical, Mechanical, Thermal, and Software))