Leidos's Military amp; Veterans Health Solutions Group is currently seeking a full-time Research Assistant to support the Health and Behavioral Sciences Program at the Naval Health Research Center in San Diego, CA.
<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the full research team, including Principal Investigators, Research Scientists, Data Analysts and Subject Matter Experts. The Research Assistant will support a variety of research projects, including health promotion evaluations, clinical treatment interventions, and epidemiological investigations, designed to promote the behavioral and psychological health and readiness of military personnel and their families. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, able to take initiative, and work well both independently and as a team.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Conduct literature searches and summarize findings of published studies
- Maintain study documentation and guidelines, such as data dictionaries and subject exclusion criteria
- Assist with subject recruitment
- Administer surveys and conduct interviews
- Perform data entry and data management
- Conduct data analysis
- Assist with proposal and protocol development and submission
- Review, prepare, and contribute to project materials, reports and manuscripts
- Participate collaboratively in team meetings
- Identify equipment and supplies necessary to fulfill study requirements
- Participate in ongoing trainings related to the proper conduct of research.
Qualifications<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant social science field (e.g., psychology, sociology, epidemiology, public health, economics)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook)
- Demonstrate capability to understand and follow a research study protocol, obtain training and seek assistance when needed, and accurately perform or assess required protocol procedures
- Demonstrate effective and professional communication (verbal and written) and ability to work efficiently with a diverse team of professionals
- One year of experience working with military population
- Experience conducting research involving human subjects
- Familiarity with SPSS or other software packages for data analysis
- Familiarity with EndNote software
Due to federal contract restrictions, candidate must be a U.S. citizen and able to obtain a Secret Clearance.