Are you ready for your next mission? Our Defense amp; Intelligence Group has a great opportunity available for a Service Desk Specialist to provide project support to US Army INSCOM IT Services program. Our ideal candidate will support to US Army INSCOM and provide the Service Desk with subject matter expert capability to administer and maintain Windows desktop operating system and VMWare. In addition, he/she will monitor performance, ensure connectivity, and assist in the development and implementation of a service request management system and answer service requests to troubleshoot workstations, peripherals, and phones, to include office automation software and business systems. Service Desk Specialist shall coordinate troubleshooting procedures, install patches, software, anti-virus/anti-spyware definition files and approved images as required. The Service Desk Specialist will also check for unauthorized software, resolve highly complex issues (e.g., software fixes, compatibility issues), and perform work area walkthroughs as necessary to ensure compliance with Department of Army Information Assurance standards. In addition, the contractor shall support incident response reporting and resolution, and Risk Management Framework (RMF) activities, to include operating system compliance with Department of Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Secure Technical Information Guidelines (STIGs) and necessary documentation to support. Primary Responsibilities:
- Provides first contact and incident resolution to customers with hardware, software, and application problems. Includes both customer telephone support as well as electronically submitted requests
- Provides polite and friendly customer service
- Attempts to resolve as many incidents during the first contact, or at Tier I. Efficiently escalates incidents to higher Tier II or Tier III when required
- Documents incident status and solutions in incident database tools.
- Possesses current working knowledge of computers, printers, laptops, and common windows applications
- Works through various types Tier II issues with telephone assist
- Provides answers to Frequently Asked Questions or solutions to common problems as part of a customer self-help capability
- Active TS/SCI
- HSD or GED with 6 Years of relevant experience, OR Associate's Degree with 4 Years of relevant experience, OR Bachelor's Degree with 2 Years of relevant experience, OR Master's Degree.
- IAT Level II - Must have one of the following: CCNA Security, CSA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP
- Microsoft Windows 7/10 certification
- Experience with helpdesk software (i.e. Remedy or ServiceNow)
- Microsoft equivalent/higher level certification, virtualization, network (eg., Cisco, Juniper), storage (eg., NetApp, Dell), ITIL
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.