The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) of Leidos has a career opportunity for a Control Account Manager to support a critical modernization effort of the Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS) in order to satisfy the vision of Program Executive Office (PEO) Command Control Communications - Tactical (C3T) and Project Manager Mission Command.
This effort is to meet the government’s objective to modernize the underlying AFATDS architecture, redesign the AFATDS front-end to a fully web- and role-based interface, integrate available common services made available through the Army’s Common Operating Environment (COE), and incorporate advanced embedded training technologies to aid in operator-initiated system instruction and refresher training. This next-generation version of AFATDS is referred to as AFATDS 7.0.
The Control Account Manager (CAM) plays a critical role as part of the Earned Value Management System process and will work closely with the Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead to define the Control Account (CA) work scope, schedule and budget. The CAM has full responsibility for managing the cost, schedule and technical performance for all work within assigned control accounts.
The CAM is responsible for:
• Performance of assigned CAs, authorizing and directing CA work
• Establishment and maintenance of the Control Account Plan, including developing resource assignments, and identifying/documenting schedule and risk
• Verification and control of costs charged to the CA
• Determination of work accomplished
• Conducting formal cost and schedule variance analysis and development of recovery plans
• Participating in Program Reviews, Integrated Baseline Reviews (IBRs) and other program or management reviews
This position requires knowledge in the development, maintenance, and/or tracking of: Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), Performance Measurement Baseline (PMB), the change management process, the work authorization process, forecasting Estimates at Completion (EACs), and implementing corrective actions.
There will be significant interaction with members of the program team to include the Program Managerand various other functional or support organizations.
• Bachelor’s degree in technical or business discipline and 4-8 years prior relevant experience OR Master’s degree with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience
• Working knowledge of EVMS and scheduling processes •
• Knowledge of customer reporting (i.e., Integrated Program Management Report (IPMR), etc.)
• Project management or project control experience working with Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), IMS, and work authorizations• Understanding of cost and schedule development as well as controls to conduct root cause analysis and identify corrective actions
• Experience with development of Estimate to Complete (ETC) and Estimate at Complete (EAC)
• Experience with baseline change control processes
• Experience with monthly schedule status processes
• Familiarity in software development lifecycle • Capable of working independently as well as within a team
• Familiar with integration of EVMS and risk management
• US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD SECRET security clearance
• Experience performing on software development programs
• Knowledge of EVMS tools (i.e., Cobra, MPM, wInsight, etc.)
• Formal training in EVMS (i.e., company-sponsored, industry certifications, etc.)
• Experience as a Control Account Manager in a contractually-required EVMS environment
• Previous participation in an IBR
• Currently possess an active DoD SECRET security clearance