This position is in Kabul, Afghanistan for a PC-12 Mechanic. The FAA licensed A amp; P Mechanic performs scheduled maintenance, makes repairs, and completes inspections required by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the aircraft OEM approved and established and/or modified maintenance procedures and processes. This position is for a highly motivated person to be responsible for performing/supporting daily organizational level maintenance in accordance with technical data and directives; render technical assistance and instruction to AAF personnel in the assembly, operation, service repair and modification of the PC-12. A wide and comprehensive acquaintance with, and understanding of, both general and specific aspects and the technical phases of the job and their practical application to complex problems and situations ordinarily encountered. Usually works without established procedures, performing a wide variety of nonstandard complex tasks using advanced techniques and requiring extensive knowledge of discipline. Analyzes requirements for special projects and recommends methods and processes to accomplish. Conducts research and assists in investigational studies. Supports the design/development of new or modified equipment or methods/systems for improved performance through analysis and check-out. Evaluates and resolves calibrating and troubleshooting problems. Leads and mentors others and lower level employees, may assign work and schedule work flow. Maintain a good working relationship with customer personnel and be aware of and respect cultural differences at the host location.Qualifications:
- Licensed FAA A amp;P mechanic
- Candidate must posses a current NACI clearance
- 5 years of experience is desired with maintenance experience on DoD aircraft
- Experience on DoD fixed wing turboprop aircraft
- Must have ability to get OEM certification to perform PC-12 aircraft maintenance
- Must be able to pass/qualify all CENTCOM CRC medical and training requirements
- Must be knowledgeable and conversant in military maintenance operations, safety, standardization, technical inspections, and supervision instructions, student management, and maintenance management.
- Equivalent experience/education combinations are permitted for this position which is 5 years of related experience and a HS diploma or equivalent
- Program Specific Requirement - As the position location is in Afghanistan, the following requirements need to be met:
- Active US passport with a minimum of 12 months before expiration prior to start date.
- Visa with multiple entries for 12 months prior to start date
- Completion of Customer required International Readiness Certifications prior to deployment.
- Failure to complete any of these actions within 60 days of accept will result in rescinding of the offer.
- If the candidate is unable to pass the medical screening after the start date and prior to deployment an immediate administrative termination will be requested.
- All candidates for this position must have prior completion of a positively adjudicated Federal Government Investigation in order to qualify for the role allowing them to receive a Common Access Card (CAC).
- The following investigations meet or exceed requirements for CAC issuance:
- Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) Single Scope Background Investigation Periodic Reinvestigation (SSBI-PR) Phased Periodic Reinvestigation PPR (equivalent to an SSBI-PR) Access NACI (ANACI) National Agency Check with Local Agency and Credit Checks (NACLC) Periodic Reinvestigation-Secret (PRS) Periodic Reinvestigation (PRI) Minimum Background investigation (MBI) Limited Background Investigation (LBI) Background Investigation (BI) Child Care NACI (CNACI) National Agency Check with Written Inquiries (NACI)
- US Citizenship Required
- Desired experience with PC-12 Work experience in austere environments such as Afghanistan
- Understanding and accepting local languages, customs and traditions (to be able to work with local customs, transport systems and language interpretation)
- Ability to work in a team environment Proficient in Dari a plus, but not required.
- Should possess a full understanding of US DoD military aviation maintenance operations.
- Military deployment experience is highly desired and deployment experience to the CENTCOM region is desired.
- FAA Inspection Authority (IA) a plus
External Referral EligibleLeidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.