The System Administrator will manage and administer IT requirements for a development/test environment for a large (100+ FTE), established software development program for a government customer. An active Secret clearance is required in order to be considered for the position.
• Experience in effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure
• Experience in performing daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
• Experience running diagnostics for hardware and software
• Experience providing support to users relating to email, LAN support, etc.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 5+ years equivalent experience in systems administration functions