The Systems Engineer (SE) will provide support in the following areas: Project Analysis and Design: provide technical engineering consulting and engineering support to project teams; establish a development environment as appropriate, perform requirements analysis and measure the effectiveness of the technology against a specified set of objectives. Project Engineering: utilize system-engineering methodologies in the planning, implementation, and delivery phases of the project. This includes identifying risks and proposing mitigation strategies for all proposed solutions. Project Execution: provide systems engineering support in the areas of systems development, and network architecture development. This includes providing project support to include developing written documentation, graphic design, oral presentation, and activity scheduling. The Systems Engineer will support the design, deployment, and O amp;M support of networks. This position requires system-level knowledge across a wide range of technologies. The ability to integrate systems across technology layers is a key requirement.
Active TS/SCI with Poly Required
• Typically requires an Associate degree in a computer field and eight (8) years of related experience. Progressive and relevant education, training and/or certification(s) may be substituted for a portion of the degree and experience requirements
• Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing
• Proficiency in the use of MS Office product suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, SharePoint)
• Advanced knowledge the customer and the interworking’s of the organization are critical to this position
• Must pay attention to detail and remain alert at all times
• Prior experience with Cat5, Cat6, Fiber, Network Switches, and patch panels, voice technologies, Microsoft Project, ESMT
• Ability to plan and coordinate activities such as upgrading of hardware and software,programming and systems design, development of computer networks, and implementation of Internet and intranet sites. Education – High school diploma or equivalent is required. An Associate’s degree is preferred.