Leidos has a potential opportunity for a senior software engineer to work on the Mission Control Center (MCC) Infrastructure Services Software team on the Facilities Development and Operations Contract (FDOC). This position will provide maintenance and software development across the entire software lifecycle for MCC applications such as Communications, Command, and External Interface Services in support of NASA's Johnson Space Center International Space Station, Crew Space Transportation (CST)-100, and Orion programs. The position will also work with System Engineers to analyze, implement, and deliver new requirements. This position will provide training and support users of the delivered software. The team works with languages such as C++, Java, and various scripting languages. Some support of tests and mission activities may be required outside of normal working hours.
This position is part of the recently awarded MSOC contract, and the position will ultimately transition to SGT or one of their teaming partners.
<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
- Work with System Engineers to effectively analyze user requirements in order to design and develop Mission Control Center Software, making use of software development tools.
- Provide analysis and troubleshooting of Mission Control Center Software, making use of software debugging tools.
- Develop and maintain schedules for work components
- Develop and maintain software using the full software development lifecycle.
- Provide integration testing in multiple development and testing environments
- Create and/or update all documentation for design, development and testing
- Provide training and support users of delivered software
- Work effectively in a team setting to collaborate ideas and to design, implement, and integrate software components across different systems
EDUCATION amp; EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree in Computer Science or related Software Engineering discipline and 4 to 8 years experience or 2 years with masters.
Required Skills:<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new concepts, tools, and software
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated experience with Object Oriented Programming using C++ with Unix or Linux
- Demonstrated experience across various areas of the software development lifecycle including requirements analysis, implementation, testing, and troubleshooting
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting
- Ability to work effectively in an independent manner
- Support of software development projects using Object Oriented programming, Java, and/or multi-threaded programming.
- Experience with scripting language
- Familiarity with TCP/IP and UDP sockets.
- Experience with software development using agile practices
- Experience with developing Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs)
- Experience with automated testing
- Leadership skills
This position requires successful completion of a government background check to access government facilities and systems. Work cannot begin on the contract without a fully adjudicated security clearance. If you are not a United States Citizen this check could take 12-18 months to complete.