The Advanced Solutions Group of Leidos Corporation currently has an opening for a Junior Level Signal Processing Engineer.
Job Description: Leidos’ Advanced Solutions Group is looking for a skilled Signal Processing Engineer to be part of a strong team of scientists, engineers, and operations experts addressing some our nation’s most difficult intelligence problems. Come join a team conducting applied research and development, including the development and assessment of signal processing algorithms against real-world data. Other duties include participating in customer-sponsored field tests, defining sensor and signal processing system requirements for optimal performance against signals of interest, and building and testing signal collection and processing systems, to include development of operational prototypes. Responsibilities include development of digital signal processing algorithms and analysis tools; conducting data processing and analysis; performing signal detection, characterization, and geolocation operations; as well as designing prototype systems and implementing algorithms in hardware systems as research progresses toward practical application.
Security Clearances: All candidates must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearances in order to be considered for this position.
External Referral Eligible
Education: Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or a related field, with 2 years of relevant work experience, or a Bachelor’s degree in these same fields with 2-4 years of relevant work experience.
Required Skills: The successful candidate must:
• be able to implement an algorithm or signal processing method based on a literature search or technical description
• have fluency in MATLAB, SIMULINK or similar simulation environment
• possess strong analytical skills in the areas of adaptive filter theory, spectral estimation, detection and estimation theory, linear algebra, and/or stochastic processes
• be able to work well in a small team environment, to include providing data collection and analysis support at customer sponsored field tests
• most importantly, have an entrepreneurial, motivated, self-starter attitude