The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos currently has an opening for an Embedded Systems Software Engineer to work in Washington, DC. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to support the Naval Research Laboratory’s mission to develop space-based prototype systems, to include robotic systems for servicing geosynchronous satellites. The Software Engineer candidate will design and develop robotics and embedded systems software for space-based programs being developed at the Naval Research Laboratory located in Washington, D.C. The candidate will be expected to quickly learn and collaborate in a high-paced, system development environment. The candidate should be able to work independently and with a team to develop innovative solutions to challenging technical problems. An ability to work on multiple projects is required.
The successful candidate will provide advanced embedded system engineering and robotics expertise to a set of complex problems. Activities will include, but are not limited to: requirements analysis, interface definition and implementation, test support, creating engineering artifacts, attending high-visibility customer engagement meetings, etc. The successful candidate may additionally support other ongoing programs of a similar nature, and/or business development opportunities. Limited travel may be required.
- Design, develop, implement, and test embedded software in support of various spacecraft payloads being developed, including GNC and robotic systems
- Support all phases of the software development life cycle including: requirements analysis; design; implementation; test; and on-orbit operations
- Define and implement the software/hardware interfaces, bus-to-payload interfaces, and space-to-ground interfaces.
- Implement embedded software using C/C++
- Support all levels of flight software testing including Unit Testing, Integration amp; Testing, and Flight Software Qualification Testing.
- Support mission operations planning, ground control and on-orbit operations
- Work in a small-team environment that includes a variety of engineering disciplines (e.g., System, Electrical, Mechanical, Thermal, Software Engineers, etc.)
External Referral Eligible
Qualifications: To be considered for this position, the candidate must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Aerospace Engineering with embedded computing experience) with 4 years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree with 2 years of relevant experience.
- Must have a SECRET Security Clearance.
- Ability to obtain a TOP SECRET//SCI Clearance highly desirable
Preferred Qualifications: Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Educational and/or hands on experience in the field of robotics
- Embedded software development experience
- Deep understanding of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of the technical domain and a broad understanding of other related specialty areas.