Leidos Security and Transportation Technology (STT) manufactures a comprehensive selection of advanced technologies to confront the difficult challenge of enhancing security and productivity in shipping, transportation, global and homeland security, and emergency response without impacting the efficiency of these industries. Our pioneering, patented technologies help increase cargo security and productivity, while delivering the high throughput our customers require. Our nonintrusive VACIS® imaging systems provides detailed digital images of the contents of closed containers, railcars, and vehicles. Our EXPLORANIUM® radiation monitoring systems passively scan vehicles and containers for radioactive threats and our Reveal® baggage screening systems detects a wide range of threats in checked baggage at airports and secure facilities.
Leidos-STT is headquarters are in Vista, CA. Our modern 120,000-square-foot facility combines scientific research, engineering, manufacturing, installation, maintenance, training, marketing, and management elements, promoting creative synergy among our employees and allowing complete end-to-end product development, deployment, and support. Our facility is ISO-9001 certified and includes offices, laboratories, a high-bay manufacturing and assembly facility, training classrooms, and a state-of-the-art test lane to accurately simulate the real-world conditions to which our current and future products will be exposed.
We are seeking a front desk receptionist professional that will support our headquarters main reception desk in Vista, CA.
The primary responsibilities of this position are greeting and check-in of customers and guests into the Leidos Visitor Registration System. This will include creating and issuing photo ID and access control badges to Leidos contractors and visitors, ensuring the security of the building and being the “face of Leidos”. This is a customer facing position and providing excellent customer service is a critical part of this position. Candidates are expected to present a pleasant and professional impression to all guests.
Other duties include the following:
• Answering phone calls and transferring to appropriate employee
• General administrative and clerical support
• Assisting other departments with ad hoc assignments
**Work hours are from 8:00AM until 5:00PM, punctuality is crucial.**
• 2+ years Receptionist/Administrative experience required.
• High School diploma or equivalent required; Associates degree or college course-work is preferred.
• Some professional experience working in an administrative role in a very busy front desk setting is preferred.
• Must be able to work in a busy and quickly changing fast paced environment.
• Excellent customer service skills are essential for success in this role.
• Candidate must be able to communicate professionally both in person and in writing.
• The applicant must possess strong organizational skills and have a positive, problem-solving attitude and be able to manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
• Proficiency with desktop computing platforms (PC) and applications (MS Office Suite).