Leidos ITS Infrastructure Operations is looking for an experienced SQL DBA to perform complex database administration assignments essential to the production and development of Database Management Systems (DBMS) applications.
Assignments, which are in direct support of software development and maintenance teams, include database analysis, security support, design, software use, performance monitoring and tuning, and general technical expertise.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Review and ensure integrity via standardized support tools. Work on complex problems where analysis of situation or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Provide comprehensive productive support of all MySQL 5.5 and above on Linux platform.
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the database systems entrusted in his/her care.
- Identify root cause and resolves issues with little or no supervisions.
- Work directly with infrastructure and application teams.
- Bachelor's degree in technology field from an accredited U.S. college or university and minimum 8 years of related experience.
- Must be willing to support on-call activities, evenings and weekends periodically.
- Hands-on experience with different storage engines, query optimization, database security, performance tuning, replication, database upgrades / patching / monitoring.
- Due to potential federal clearance requirements, a US citizenship and ability to obtain clearance is required for this role.
- Coding and/or scripting languages
- Disaster Recovery experience
- Strong data replication techniques
- Experience with ETL/ELT tools