The NISC III program at Leidos is seeking a Subject Matter Expert (SME) with expertise in Air Traffic Control and development and/or testing of ERAM / DataComm elements.
The work is in support of FAA Air Traffic Office Safety and Technical Training (AJI) customers.
The SME may be asked to provide analytical feedback for and assist in the planning, assessment, and quality reviews of all types of technical training products, courseware, materials and programs for FAA/AJI customers, employees, and/or field support personnel.
Overall responsibility is to ensure technical accuracy of AJI training products and compliance with new training requirements, along with maintaining currency of technical information.Technical training may include:
- Asynchronous and synchronous training
- Various evaluation methodologies
As part of the development team, the SME will obtain information and product requirements from customer and technical organizations, engineering, and software colleagues in support of the following duties:
- Preparation of training programs
- Review of lesson plans, course content, training materials, and training aids for technical accuracy.
- Assist with the design of product demonstrations and review for technical accuracy.
- May assist in conducting training sessions or product demonstrations.
Qualifications:Basic Qualifications (Must have)
- May also assist in the development of criteria for evaluating effectiveness of training activities.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
- 3+ years of FAA Air Traffic Control (ATC) experience
- Experience with the development and/or testing of ERAM/DataComm elements
Note: Experience should be recent, with applicable certifications obtained using current FAA technologiesDesired Skills
- Experience as an ATC On-the-Job Training Instructor (OJTI), Training Specialist, or other instructional/classroom or instructional support experience.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.