Description:Join a fast growing, solutions driven, dynamic organization and take your experience to the next level!
Leidos has an immediate opportunity for a Systems Engineer
to provide engineering support to the Airspace Mission Planning Division, Hanscom AFB, MA. The system engineering team includes engaged subject matter experts
providing leadership to identify and propose solutions to the clients, peer system engineers, and end users. This position will elevate skills and experiences
to support our full-scope mission planning efforts. OJT is combined with annual educational opportunities
to continue the development of the system engineer. We are seeking a self-starter that likes taking on challenges and being a leader with engineering solutions; a person that collaborates well in teams and likes to work toward consensus within each team. This position supports various systems engineering activities consistent with the development, modernization, releasability and sustainment of the Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS) on behalf of numerous operational customers and conducted within an Agile environment. JMPS is used today by Air Force and Navy aviation mission planners. As part of the SEIC Platform Engineering Integrated Product Team (IPT), and working closely with the Government customer, the Systems Engineer will be expected to:
- Serve as an agile product owner within a System of products to represent the client stakeholders to the development team from creation of the product vision, to design and development, through testing and into ongoing support.
- Evaluate early designs compared to requirements and oversee day-to-day development efforts on behalf of the Government customer.
- Coordinate with enterprise stakeholders to prioritize product backlogs for sprints and releases
- Provide technical review amp; analysis to ensure software commonality amp; interoperability between Mission Planning components
- Serve as an engineer who can facilitate the evolution of end user needs to contractual requirements and then into user stories and detailed acceptance criteria
- Assist domain experts and other systems engineers in developing JMPS technical requirements; perform technical review amp; analysis of requirements.
- Understand and leverage an “Enterprise Product” approach to identify 1) requirements that represent a gap in capabilities, and 2) opportunities for reuse.
- Create Technical Requirements Documents, Statements of Work, Contract Data Requirements Lists and other documentation in support of new Mission Planning Delivery Orders.
- Generate Mission Threads, Use Cases and requirements packages as applicable.
- Interface directly with JMPS software developers to convey technical requirements, and verify traceability of high-level component requirements to component system and software requirement specifications.
- Manage requirements and their traceability via available tools (DOORS, JAMA, etc.).
- Evaluate technical proposals and other technical data items, to include architecture, requirements documents, designs, test plans/reports, and process descriptions.
- Represent the Government customer in formal technical reviews (requirements, design, test, etc.) consistent with systems engineering plans and standards.
- Create meaningful entry/exit criteria for all technical reviews, and advocate for appropriate review artifacts, activities, documentation and stakeholder participation. Document readiness to proceed.
- Analyze software development technical metrics, report results and recommend corrective actions.
- Monitor amp; report technical variances; facilitate resolution of technical issues that adversely impact successful product delivery.
- Report the technical status of product development to the customer on a consistent basis.
- Identify and manage external dependencies.
- Maintain currency of software component baseline data on behalf of the Government.
- Support process maturity assessments and other process improvement activities.
- Support the Govt. risk management process through identification, analysis, mitigation and tracking of risks applicable to the assigned components.
- Ensure that approved Mission Planning processes are utilized.
- Interface directly with both Government customer and developer representatives. Establish and maintain close working relationships with both.
EDUCATION amp; EXPERIENCE:
- Must have an active DoD security clearance for consideration
- Bachelor's Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related technical discipline and 8-12 years of relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrable knowledge of fundamental systems engineering concepts and 9+ years experience in applying these concepts to software-intensive systems are required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, and other systems engineers in the development of complex software systems.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Agile software development knowledge
- Advanced technical degree or software development/process certifications.
- Experience with military aviation Mission Planning systems, such as JMPS or the Portable Flight Planning System (PFPS), is highly desired.
- Familiarization with military Mission Planning operations and concepts is expected.
- Experience writing and managing software-focused Technical Transition Plans (TTPs) is desired, along with general familiarization of U.S. DoD system development and acquisition processes.
- Experience with requirements management processes and tools to include DOORS and JAMA.
- Experience with software systems integration, incremental software development and Software Engineering Institute (SEI) Capability Maturity Model-Integrated (CMMI) processes is also a plus.
External Referral EligibleLeidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.