Leidos has an immediate role within our Defense and Intelligence business area for a Senior Project Manager to work in the Pentagon in Arlington, Virginia.
This role will plan, direct, and coordinate activities for the migration of multiple information technology projects, to ensure that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Provides supervisory, technical, and administrative direction to project staff.
- Interfaces with customers; tracks project performance and costs; and prepares plans, charts, tables, and diagrams to assist in analyzing and displaying problems and solutions.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
- Responsible for scheduling and allocating work, scope of authority, providing advice and guidance and coordinating operational activity on a continuing basis to satisfy specific task requirements.
- Provides advice, guidance, and training to subordinates; and recommends personnel actions for hiring firing, promotion, transfers, and salary adjustments.
- Consults with management and reviews project proposals to determine goals, time frame, funding limitations, and procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of resources to various phases of project.
- Develops project plans specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, and allocation of available resources.
- Identifies and schedules project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks; assures that each project is meeting its schedule and assists in the contingency planning when the projects gets off schedule.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules and plans as required.
- Prepares project status reports and keeps management, clients, and others informed of project status and related issues.
- Monitors project results against technical specifications.
- Develops and maintains technical and project documentation.
- Provides problem resolution on information systems problems.
- Active Secret clearance or higher.
- BS degree and 4 years managing, directing, planning, implementing, and staffing complex IT projects.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience; at least 3 years of focus on IT.
- PMP training.
- Several years of relevant and equivalent experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Knowledge of cost accounting standards and labor allocation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, analytical, organizational, and management aptitude.
- Experience in a Joint DoD environment.
External Referral Eligible.