The Leidos Corporation is seeking an Technical Writer for the ESA IV program. ESA IV is an IT Services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of IT services, including help desk, deskside support, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, managed print services, ITSM, Active Directory services, and video conferencing, among others.
The technical writers shall produce technical documentation both in support of projects and in support of other IT initiatives. This may include, but is not limited to, project artifacts, design documents, architecture documents, processes, and procedures.
Technical Writer responsibilities include:
1. Work with Project Managers, Project Leads and Technical SMEs to identify documentation needed for projects or working groups;Qualifications:
2. Develop documentation per established templates and processes;
3. Lead peer reviews of documentation;
4. Edit existing documentation as needed;
5. Maintain library of approved documentation under configuration control in SharePoint and
provide access to the library to ISSG staff;
6. Maintain naming conventions and formatting styles for all approved documentation;
7. Train staff on library access, document naming conventions and formatting styles;
8. Maintain schedule for annual/quarterly document reviews and work with appropriate SMEs to
9. Assist in the submission of Gate Review documentation for projects (functional, design,
production baseline materials).
EDUCATION amp; EXPERIENCE: Typically requires a BA degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.Leidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.