Leidos currently has an exciting opening for a Senior Principal Supervisory Engineer, located in our office at Eglin Air Force Base, Florida.
The successfully candidate will capture and execute programs for the design and analysis of high speed weapon systems by building a business pipeline of opportunities.
Candidate will perform as a program manager and/or technical executer for those efforts.
The successful candidate will also contribute in two or more of the following areas:
1) Manage and Grow AFRL/Munitions Directorate and Eglin AFB Business, a. Manage existing on-site AFRL Munitions Directorate efforts in the areas of High speed airframes, RF seeker programs, and Trajectory Modeling, b. Grow research portfolio by expanding to new organizations within Eglin AFB region.
2) Develop new modeling and simulation business by expanding the customer base (e.g. DARPA, Army, Navy, and Missile Defense Agency Science amp; Technology organizations).
3) Grow a Concept Development business. This will involve developing work that moves progressively up the TRL chain from concept/systems analysis to prototype development.
4) Grow on-site Research and Development work at new locations.
5) Develop the existing workforce and attract new talent. Grow skills and develop a career path for existing personnel. Recruit new talent to support new and existing work.
Success is to establish at least one new research contract external to AFRL and to develop a $5M portfolio within a 5 - year period.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
Master’s Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical or similar discipline and 12 plus years of prior relevant experience. or Ph.D. degree and10 plus years’ experience.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to operate independently with limited supervision and feedback.
Must communicate with Leidos personnel, and interact daily with customer program leadership and team members and end users. Must develop a clear understanding of customer goals and objectives and shape work to achieve those goals. Typically negotiates and compromises to convince internal and external parties to accept concepts, practices and approaches of the area.
Highest knowledge and mastery of highly advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts. Viewed as a subject matter expert in the field by peers within and outside the organization.
Candidate must possess an active DOD Secret level security clearance, and be eligible to obtain a Top Secret level clearance.
Ability to travel on an as needed basis
Leadership and Program Management: Prior experience in managing large DOD research efforts is a plus. Preference given to candidates with experience in managing research efforts funded by AFRL, DARPA, ONR, and similar. Prior experience as a Government Program Manager is also a plus. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple simultaneous efforts while keeping efforts on schedule and on budget. Past experience in leading a diverse team with successful outcomes.
Business Development Acumen: Strong candidates will have prior experience in leading successful business development campaigns. Skills desired include the ability to effectively communicate with customers, understand their needs, and develop white papers and proposals. The ability to also develop and communicate a strategy for new business with management is also desired.
Subject Matter Expertise: Domain specific knowledge in the areas of Hypersonics, High Speed Aerodynamics, GNC, Modeling and Simulation, Lethality, and Weapons Systems Engineering is desired.