The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) of Leidos has a career opportunity for an Aerospace Engineer working in the Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) portfolio to lead and manage engineering and business development activities on complex, wide-ranged UAS systems, located in our Huntsville, Alabama offices.
The selected candidate will be a member of an engineering team supporting a full spectrum of division activities specifically focused on aerospace and systems engineering. These will include air vehicle performance, requirements analysis, system design, system integration, functional testing, and all associated documentation. Support of security engineering, certification and accreditation and other IA activities as required.
As the Aerospace Engineer, the candidate will coordinate cross functional efforts to accomplish assigned tasks and will be responsible for leadership activities as required. Employ standard methods, processes and tools to accomplish analysis, problem diagnosis and solution design, integration and test preparation, risk assessment and mitigation planning. Provide support to functional areas including requirements analysis, implementation planning, third party coordination, integration and test, sustainment, documentation, deployment, and system assessment. Interface with government personnel to identify required activities, perform collaborative planning, review deliverables, and resolve engineering issues.
This position requires the ability to communicate with executive leadership (internally or customer) regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/project.
The selected candidate will have a strong background in aerospace and systems engineering or related information technology field to include the ability to integrate, troubleshoot, and test hardware and software.
- Systems design, integration, troubleshooting, testing, and documentation for operational end users
- Formulate and develop new platforms and network architectures in line with US Army and DOD technology roadmaps
- Apply deep understanding of end user requirements for creation of disruptive technologies
- Develop test plans that validate customer driven requirements are met
- Develop and maintain systems engineering documentation and diagrams
- Support system engineering activities to ensure system functionality
- Support information assurance accreditation events
- Support of information assurance assessments and accreditation awards
- Contributes to the development of new and expansion of existing business opportunities
- Support Business Development activities including Basis of Estimates, proposing new technologies, and interfacing with Government customers to align the team with future customer requirements and opportunities
Eligible for Referral Bonus Program
TA_4Qualifications: Basic Qualifications
- Engineering, Military, Business Development experience
- BS degree in Aerospace Engineering or related technical field from an accredited engineering school and 8-12 plus years of prior relevant experience, or Master’s degree from an accredited school with 6-10 plus years of prior relevant experience, or Ph.D. from an accredited school of Engineering and 7 plus years of related engineering experience.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with military combat operations, including urban environments, aviation employment, including ISR platform integration and UAS employment
- Experience coordinating with third party hardware and software vendors for successful systems integration and testing
- Demonstrated ability to manage assigned engineering projects and experience in formulating solutions for operational needs
- Experience designing, integrating, configuring, and testing systems
- Ground and flight test experience on an Army Program of Record
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose complex system problems and develop innovative solutions and to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of system integration activities.
- Experience developing system requirements and leading IPTs or smaller task teams
- Experience with Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrate previous success working in a team based environment to meet objectives
- Active Secret security clearance with an ability to obtain TS SCI
- TS Clearance
- Experience with Department of Defense information systems
- Experience with US Army UAS Government reporting and/or technical writing skills
- Experience with open architectures
- Ability to develop Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for new opportunities
- Experience with AR 70-62 Airworthiness certification process with US Army Aviation Engineering Directorate (AED)
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.