The Civil Health Solutions Operation has an opening for an IT Services Business Analyst for a DoD customer, located at Ft. Detrick, MD. Position is with the Enterprise Information Technology (IT) Project Management Office (PMO), supporting medical research. Candidate will work for the Leidos Chief Architect but is expected to work independently and accomplish assignments without much direction.
The IT Business Analyst’s position is focused on understanding and documenting the larger USAMRMC IT Service needs for the business functions supporting FDA medical research and acquisition to include laboratory, clinical and FDA regulatory functional areas. As the IT Business Analyst, understanding the business processes of our customers and how the eIT PMO can support them is the primary role. The core responsibility will be supporting the Chief Architect along with the Customer Liaison and the Product Leads on gathering IT Service requirements. Secondary responsibility is to provide support for the eIT PMO’s IT service management processes, including portfolio management, configuration management, release management and others.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
Candidate should be able to:
· Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and supporting identification of future solutions.
· Maintaining eIT PMO strategic planning and architecture documents, via close coordination with the Chief Architect and Product Leads (PL).
· Act as liaison between the stakeholders/users and the eIT PMO office, supporting the product sponsor, liaison officer, and product lead in the requirements gathering phase to capture stakeholder service requests and define requirement/specifications.
· Define, implement and evolve a communication plan/path, providing leadership with status updates that include customer engagement updates, key/emerging areas of need, and organizational risk assessment/impact.
· Coordinate and facilitate project meetings with business leaders, stakeholders and technical staff including but not limited to: requirements gathering, prioritization, sprint/project planning, and demonstrations/retrospectives.
· Participate in and facilitate the prioritization, sizing and business justification of future product enhancements
· Conduct requirements management planning that includes, gathering, analyzing and specification/verification of requirements/specifications on behalf of the eIT PMO.
· Work with customers to validate requirement close-out and testing/validation
· Evaluate and prioritize requirements in coordination with the business process owners.
· Support the Test and Validation Analyst with testing planning, execution, and report writing.
· Support the Chief Architect with updates to the System Engineering Management Plan, IT Service Portfolio and associated Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Work Instructions (WIs), and Templates to facilitate process improvements and incorporate lessons learned.
· Maintain a safe workplace ensuring that he/she is aware of and observes appropriate safety and occupational health rules and regulations. Employee may be required to attend safety training relative to his/her position and report any infractions of safety procedures to the facility Safety Officer.
<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
· Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must in order to interface with multiple teams on business and information management processes.
· Understanding of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project and Visio).
· An eye for detail and demonstrate the ability to absorb and clearly document complex problems.
· Work schedule must be flexible and may require occasional after hours or weekend work to assist the Product Support and Sustainment team with product downtimes
· DoD acquisition experience
· Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 21 CFR Regulations and Guidelines experience
· Familiar with IT Service Management (ITIL) and SAFe Agile
· Understanding of Army processes and guidelines.
· Be able to understand policies, regulations, and guidelines that must be followed to keep the Project operational.