Leidos/Reveal has an immediate opening for a talented Algorithm (ALG) Software Developer to develop solutions for our innovative X-ray CT based imaging devices used for detecting explosives and threats.
The Leidos/Reveal operation is a recognized leader in the development of threat detection products and services. Our flagship explosives detection system is deployed around the globe to safeguard a diverse and growing number of people, places and transportation systems every day. Leidos/Reveal has built an outstanding reputation while becoming a trusted partner by collaborating closely with our customers to deliver innovative and cost-effective solutions that consistently exceed their expectations. It is Leidos/Reveal’s talented workforce, where teamwork, individual contributions and innovation are all highly valued, that has achieved these accomplishments.
Successful candidate must be willing to travel approximately twice a month to the Vista, CA office. Must be willing to travel abroad.
• Writing code that helps meet detection, throughput, and stability requirements
• Improving software performance
• Designing and enhancing features for image pattern recognition
• Developing tools for visualization, reporting and algorithm tuning
• Performing live data collection for offline analysis and algorithm development
• Identifying and annotating threats in captured images for algorithm validation
• BS in Computer Science with 12+ years of related experience or MS in Computer Science with 10+ years of related experience
• Proficient in C++, templates and STL
• Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
• Experience and a willingness to analyze and document a large legacy C++ code base of highly complex software. Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Able to obtain DoD Secret Clearance Preferred Qualifications:
• Algorithm optimizations
• Microsoft Visual Studio, MATLAB, Python
• Boost, QT, and VTK libraries
• Multi-threaded application development