Leidos has an opening for an Industrial Hygienist to support its contract at NASA Ames Research Center, Mountain View, CA.
The Industrial Hygienist will provide industrial hygiene services as directed by IH and/or safety professionals. Duties include exposure assessment, field air and bulk sampling for hazardous substances using IH instruments. The IH will provide timely reports to supervisors and managers on IH and safety projects, and provide field inspections/audits.
Additional duties include providing support to the following programs at NASA Ames Research Center:
• Hearing Conservation Program (maintaining a roster of enrolled personnel, conducting noise dosimetry surveys, performing area noise surveys)
• Chemical Exposure Assessment (responding to Indoor Air Quality complaints, reviewing chemical hygiene plans and laboratory safety plans, performing chemical exposure assessments, performing personal air sampling and area sampling to evaluate chemical exposures, reviewing nanomaterials safety and usage)
• Ventilation Program (assisting with periodic fume hood and local exhaust surveys)
• Food Sanitation Program (Inspect food service facilities on a quarterly basis, consult in food illness or poisoning investigations)
• Biosafety Program (finalize biosafety operations manual, review proposed projects to evaluate hazard classifications of biological materials, attend and support biosafety committee meetings)
• Ergonomics Program (provide preventive evaluations of contractor staff, provide ergonomic evaluations after Health Unit referrals)
• OSHA Voluntary Protection Program (assist with self-assessments on an annual basis for industrial hygiene programs)
• Training Support (delivery classroom training of industrial hygiene related courses)
• Respiratory Protection Program (fit testing, coordination with Health Unit, reviewing program membership)
Requirements: -Bachelor's degree in Industrial Hygiene or related discipline and 2-4 years experience in industrial hygiene activities and programs (an Associate's degree and an additional 3 years’ experience, or a High School diploma and 6 years’ related experience acceptable as well).
-Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access) and experience writing results of field surveys into reports.
-U.S. citizenship is required to access government facilities and systems.
Desired Experience and Skills:
-Experience conducting noise dosimetry surveys and performing area noise surveys and biosafety experience.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.