Leidos is excited about our work with a Federal law enforcement agency supporting the development and maintenance of their applications and infrastructure. We are seeking a Network Engineer/Administrator, to support a classified infrastructure for facilities located in the north east region of the United States.
When not on travel, this person will be based out of the different customer locations within the DMV area (Fairfax, Chantilly, Arlington) while providing remote amp; on-site support to all offices assigned. Candidate will also travel locally approximately 50-75% of the time. This position requires candidate with extensive hands-on technical experience on server, router, switches, and workstations. At times it will be required for this person to transport, lift, and install IT equipment. Candidate will be responsible for installation, configuration and upgrade/reconfiguration of server, router, switches and workstations. Occasional COMSEC/Taclane support is required. Candidate will also be required to perform site survey, site build out, move, and customer relocation efforts. Selected candidate will provide system performance analysis and multi-server troubleshooting, and will be required to track and report system problems. Interacting with government customers and providing and presenting customer briefings may be required. The candidate must have good written and oral communication skills.
Additional responsibilities may include:
• Troubleshooting and preventive maintenance visits
• Prepares and maintains site documentation, including property inventories, site notes and drawings
• Perform COMSEC duties
• Promptly responding to IT-related incidents and service requests and troubleshooting to resolve end-user problems
• Operating, maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environment including computer hardware, software, and related documentation in accordance with IT best practices
• Performing data backups and disaster recovery operations
• Diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replacement of defective components
• Planning, coordinating, and implementing network security measures to protect data, software and hardware
• Interfacing with customer, technical staff, team members, and management to identify issues, negotiate changes, and provide strong customer service both orally and in writing
• Tracking and supporting periodic hardware and software upgrades
• Working closely with support partners to promptly resolve incidents and service requests.
• Perform site survey and provide recommendation for new facility build-out and remodeling
• Provide recommendation to customers on IT solutions
MUST POSSESS AN ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND REQUIRED SKILLS: BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
• Systems administration in a classified environment
• Windows Server 2008 and higher at the level to build, maintain and troubleshoot servers
• Windows 7 and higher client desktops
• Active Directory management
• Microsoft SCCM and SCOM
• Experience with COMSEC amp; Taclane equipment
• Patch management solutions
• System monitoring solutions
• Imaging systems and building workstations
• Troubleshooting failed systems, including servers/desktops/routers/switches
• 10+ years’ experience as a system administrator or field support technician using one or more of the following systems: MS Windows, UNIX (HP-UX or Red Hat Linux), and/or CISCO hardware and software
• Excellent communication skills to support end-users
• Desktop imaging
• Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, and lift up to 50 pounds to lift amp; install equipment.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.