Human Language Technology Specialists are being sought for a Proposal (NMEC LION) that has a Submission Date of 3/5/2018 and anticipated award date of June 2018. Mission Essential is collecting interested candidates for this effort that once awarded will have 1 One (1) Year Base Period + Four (4) Year Option Periods of performance.
We are looking for multiple individuals who meet the below requirements and can effectively perform the duties listed and speak English and one of the Target Languages listed below
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: TOP SECRET w/SCI Access
Support the integration and direct the use of Human Language Technology (HLT) for triage, translation, and prioritization of work through exploratory search and other techniques using a variety of automated Government, commercial and proprietary tools. HLT Specialists shall:
• Support Triage Teams leveraging NMEC tools and technology to generate detailed information products to include spreadsheet reports, metrics and collection-specific descriptions. HLT specialists support the triage analyst team through review of search results from NMEC tools to assess their precision, accuracy and ability to identify intelligence files from within large collections. HLT specialists shall lead ad-hoc teams consisting of a Systems Engineer, Triage, Quality Control and/or Screener Linguists and work collaboratively to rapidly assess collections and determine their potential intelligence holdings and relationships to customer, NMEC and DOMEX consumer information gaps and Priority Information Requirements (PIR).
• Support Workflow and Translation Teams: The HLT Specialists shall coordinate and support the integration of translation memory and Computer Assisted Translation
tool to enable more rapid support to translation requests. This includes but is not limited to performing troubleshooting of SDL TRADOS and other CAT tools, supporting the use of terminology management, creating Translation Memory Projects, and providing ad-hoc training on the features of tools.
• Track, report, and assist with issues and obstacles to utilization of HLT tools in support of Operations. This includes but is not limited to supporting the identification of both technical and administrative issues with the utilization of enabling technologies such as Optical Character Recognition and transliteration tools among others.
• Create and Update SOPs for HLT Utilization: These individuals are responsible for providing standard operating procedures (SOPs) and updating applicable SOPs for the use of HLT within triage and DOMEX operations. In addition, these individuals are responsible for providing ad-hoc training and familiarization for HLT tools used by their team.
• Finally, HLT Specialists are also responsible for providing input and feedback regarding existing tools, as well as recommendations for better integration and implementation of HLT into operations
• MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN
• Must be a qualified linguist in English and one or more Target Languages with a minimum general professional proficiency level of (3) in the Foreign Language and a minimum general professional proficiency level of (3) in English,
• Must have at least Five (5) Years’ experience working with Human Language Technologies and Computer Programming.
• Must have a Formal Education in Linguistics, Computational Linguistics, and/or Computer Programming.
• Must have experience, Certification, and Training in the use of Translation Memory and Terminology Management prior to contract assignment.
• Active Top Secret Level Clearance with SCI Access; Investigation Must be within scope and appear in JPAS